Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League 1 + League 2 + BS premier and below!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

greendom wrote: »
    Very sad news. Kleanthous has been trying to find a new home for Barnet in the borough virtually since he bought the club in '93. The best plan was probably to redevelop a clapped out Athletics stadium, Copthall. This was turned down as it was apparently green belt.

In the last year, though, it was announced that permission has been granted for Saracens rugby club to do exactly the same thing

The council have been absolutely no help and seemed most of the time to be hell-bent on making the club disappear.

Now its come to this. The club had a lease on a stretch of land which enabled emergency access and Barnet were not able to renew it. So it looks like ground share and after that who knows ?

Very sad news. Not a football friendly council then? Said before but I used to like going down to Underhill for midweek games when I lived there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Very sad news. Not a football friendly council then? Said before but I used to like going down to Underhill for midweek games when I lived there.

Not football friendly absolutely not. Kleanthous has invested in a fabulous training ground with multiple pitches, indoor pitches etc etc. But even that had to be in the adjoining borough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It's a real shame. Underhill is one of my favourite grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wonder if any Premier League club will take a chance on Jordan Rhodes of Huddersfield.

I've heard Sunderland have been watching him, no idea if there's any truth in it mind. Got to be worth a punt for a couple of million, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think Rhodes is a quality player, can not see him at staying at that level much longer. A Championship team should have moved for him over the summer but at this stage he is probably out of the price range of most Championship clubs and will also have attracted significant PL interest.

Rhodes' father is the Sheff Wed goalkeeping coach as well, so definitely a mixed day for the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Gotta say i was impressed with Rhodes on saturday. Went over for the game,wasnt expecting to be 2 nil down after 20 mins. The way he took his 2nd and 4th goals were impressive.
    Word is that hes going to stay til the end of the season, if he does 'udders are pretty much screwed.

As for Wednesday im hoping we can learn from this, we've got a dodgy xmas period coming up with away games but deffo winnable.

What a way to end the year, bottom of the league, 92nd out of 92, beaten by yet another last minute goal after taking the lead. Anyway, happy new year. The only way is up! (or the blue square premier!)

What a way to end the year, bottom of the league, 92nd out of 92, beaten by yet another last minute goal after taking the lead. Anyway, happy new year. The only way is up! (or the blue square premier!)

That's depressing- and Barnet are doing their best to keep you company. I thought Barnet had turned a corner but 2 defeats (and a particularly poor performance at Dagenham) has put us right back in the danger zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

City on a bit of a roll of late, thank fúck.

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! Northampton Town hung on to a win for the first time in 15 games, still in the bottom 2 but filled with a bit of optimism since Boothroyd went there. Nearly threw it away again by all accounts but managed to beat Morecambe 2 - 1 away. Point from safety but played a game more than everyone above them.

• Advertisement

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! Northampton Town hung on to a win for the first time in 15 games, still in the bottom 2 but filled with a bit of optimism since Boothroyd went there. Nearly threw it away again by all accounts but managed to beat Morecambe 2 - 1 away. Point from safety but played a game more than everyone above them.

That's a great win for you guys- away from home too. I wouldn't worry about the games in hand the other teams have. If Boothroyd gets it together, you'll be well clear by May.

No offense, mate, but I hope Northampton's recovery stutters in your next game at home to Southend!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    No offense, mate, but I hope Northampton's recovery stutters in your next game at home to Southend!
    Haha. very good chance of that. Your season continues to go well. My bold prediction is a draw.

Well Cobblers led twice against Southend, but beaten in the end, congrats Beefy, looks like they might be going top of the league. The game against Barnet next week absolutely MASSIVE now. Cobblers drop to bottom of the league again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bradford really messed up today. After conceding late, scoring in 89th and conceding again in the 90th at home. Grrr

Barnet seemed to have found a bit of form. A 2-0 home win over Bristol Rovers followed by a 3 - 0 away win today against in form Accrington. I'll be happy enough with a draw at Sixfields :)

Well Cobblers led twice against Southend, but beaten in the end, congrats Beefy, looks like they might be going top of the league. The game against Barnet next week absolutely MASSIVE now. Cobblers drop to bottom of the league again.

Cheers. I know it's looking grim for you at the moment but I really think Northampton will survive. There's got to be worse sides in the division.

Things are looking good for us, back on top of the league and five signings already made in the transfer window. Plus we've got Bilel Mohsni.

I think there will be a number of clubs vying to avoid relegation this May. It's going to go to the wire I reckon. No one team seems to be left stranded at the bottom and as the teams at the bottom pick up points, clubs that were beginning to feel safe are being sucked in. Really wouldn't like to predict it. Barnet will be there or thereabouts though :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its going to be the usual suspects at the bottom come the end of the season, 6 points between 17th and bottom. Cobblers, Barnet, Hereford and Bradford has a familiar ring to it, with Aldershot, Bristol Rovers and Dagenham and Redbridge joining in the fun.

Northampton need to string a couple of wins together at some point to make sure we dont get cut adrift from everyone else.

Unfortunately its going to be the usual suspects at the bottom come the end of the season, 6 points between 17th and bottom. Cobblers, Barnet, Hereford and Bradford has a familiar ring to it, with Aldershot, Bristol Rovers and Dagenham and Redbridge joining in the fun.

Northampton need to string a couple of wins together at some point to make sure we dont get cut adrift from everyone else.

Yes, you can start that run of form after next weekend ;)

• Advertisement

Darlington in the blue Square just about surviving for another couple of weeks after reciever accepted 50 grand donation to keep them going. The monumental folly of their home ground has all but killed them. Shame to see any team go under but this is 3rd time in administration in a few years.

Cobblers are screwed this season I think. Just dire, losing to Barnet after yet again throwing away a lead. Still 15 minutes left for comeback but think we will need a miracle.

edit: nope, no miracle. Blue Square here we come, that and oblivion probably.

Cobblers are screwed this season I think. Just dire, losing to Barnet after yet again throwing away a lead. Still 15 minutes left for comeback but think we will need a miracle.

edit: nope, no miracle. Blue Square here we come, that and oblivion probably.

Delighted with the win of course, but Northampton have enough in them to get clear, and Barnet are by no means safe yet.

Great result for Barnet. I'm inclined to think that Northampton have enough about them to get safe but that's a horrible result for them.

Another win for Barnet today - although we may have had a bit of a helping hand from the ref as Crewe had 2 men sent off by half - time. Still 4 wins out of 4 now. Probably means Sanchez will win manager of the month and then inevitably we will lose to Oxford.

Another game goes by and another defeat. Concensus seems that Aidy sets us up to be hard to beat. Works well until about 20 to go then the lads buckle. Conceding so many lateish goals. Not fit enough, or confident enough. With no one who can get us a few goals. Going to get cast further adrift if we don't start winning soon.

Oh well, onto the next one! Cobblers!

Northampton's unbeaten run in February goes on, admittedly we have only played once but its a home win, the first in what seems like years! One nil against Wimbledon, also our first clean sheet for months too. Our mascot sent off for time wasting! Still in relegation zone but a win certainly gives a bit of hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lee Clark sacked! :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17042572

God only knows what prompted that, he'll be in work again very soon.

edit now updated with statement
    "This was a very difficult decision; one not taken lightly or in response to one result," chairman Dean Hoyle told the club website.

"Lee and his coaching staff have put their all into the job over the past three seasons and has made a huge contrinution to the club.

"However with 16 matches to go we still have an oppotunity to achieve promotion and we have made this change with this in mind."

How is sacking your manager going to help you fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

mike65 wrote: »
    Lee Clark sacked! :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17042572

God only knows what prompted that, he'll be in work again very soon.

Sniffing around the Leeds job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't believe Lee Clark is sacked. They've only lost three times and are on the brink of promotion.

Suicidal move.

Advertisement