Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Therapie (Cork)

• 03-09-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anyone have any experience of the therapie salons, in particular the new Cork one?

At the moment they have 80% off Laser Hair Removal.

I've heard that they're not the friendliest..............but currently I am getting IPL treatments at a much higher price. I really like the place I go to at the moment though as its very friendly and discrete.

I'm wondering is it worth switching to therapie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Do a thread search, good and bad stories. The discount's a gimmick, it's the normal price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nadiekins

Hi i have been going to therapie for a few weeks now in cork and all the staff i have been with are really nice, i have had no problems and was made feel very comfortable. I payed for 12 sessions with turned out at nearly €600 euro which i think is excellent, the laser they use in therapie is not IPL it is a different type of laser it is stronger than IPL it is usually only used by doctors but these therapists are trained to use it too. My sister has been getting laser for years and has paid thousands and i think it has only come to 10 sessions so i don't think it is a gimmick. I hope this helps you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 noirin

I had a very bad experience at Therapie. Paid upfront for my laser treatments which didn't work at all. The manager acknowledged that they had no effect but refused to refund my money. They did offer additional sessions but considering the first six didn't have the slightest effect this was not very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

noirin wrote: »
    I had a very bad experience at Therapie. Paid upfront for my laser treatments which didn't work at all. The manager acknowledged that they had no effect but refused to refund my money. They did offer additional sessions but considering the first six didn't have the slightest effect this was not very helpful.

I had the EXACT same experience in therape in Cork. 6 sessions, not ONE TINY bit of a difference.
    Was told at the start that the girl that did my patch test, would be the same girl each time - but i never saw her again, so i had to explain each time what areas I needed done. Each girl promised they would give it a "good going over" and that i will definately see a difference..but I never did.
    At the end of the 6 weeks, they pushed me into booking more sessions, so i did, but cancelled by phone the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Also have had the same experience in Therapie in Cork, sessions not working after 8 of them now. Must be the laser they are working, Soprano isn't considered very good in the laser world

• Advertisement

Silly- I would advise you to let the hair grow out to show the sessions you paid for haven't worked. Go in and show them (manager) that way they will have to give you more sessions free of charge. That's what I did eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

jadie wrote: »
    Silly- I would advise you to let the hair grow out to show the sessions you paid for haven't worked. Go in and show them (manager) that way they will have to give you more sessions free of charge. That's what I did eventually

I really dont want to go back there again.
    Thanks for advice though.

I know, I'm the same kinda sick of the place too, been going there over 18 months at this stage and its seems all pain and no gain. Spent a grand though so have to justify it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eonni

Hi all,

Go back and get your money from them. That's what I have done and I got treatment in 2011 and just followed up now. I braved laser in advanced laser light after the memory of the burning had faded and I have instant results and no pain from their laser.
    I called therapie and went straight in. I only got a small area on bikini done with advanced laser light and I had Hollywood with therapie so they were able to see the difference. Full growth and none after one session. Therapie say they have no record of me paying for all my extra sessions and I think I paid cash so have no record myself but they are refunding my initial payment for 6 sessions. Weirdest thing is my patch test with therapie never grew back any hair.

I ended up getting six extra free sessions from therapie in the end.It worked a bit but hair has begun to grow again. I've given up on getting laser in Cork, therapie only uses the crap soprano laser and everywhere else is IPL. I went to a place in Dublin doing candela gentle lase at a great price can pay per treatment too and found it great so will go there in future for top-ups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

jadie wrote: »
    I ended up getting six extra free sessions from therapie in the end.It worked a bit but hair has begun to grow again. I've given up on getting laser in Cork, therapie only uses the crap soprano laser and everywhere else is IPL. I went to a place in Dublin doing candela gentle lase at a great price can pay per treatment too and found it great so will go there in future for top-ups.

Cocos in Ballincollig uses candela laser.

they only do it in package deals tho which is no good to me

Advertisement