Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get bad odor out of clothes?

• 24-03-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not.

I put on a wash a week ago but one of my housemates put in a dirty tea towel(it had a sour milk smell/puke etc), it had been used to clean up some sort of milkshake drink that spilled. I was going to pre soak the towel but it got into the wash by accident. When the clothes came out of the wash they took up the bad odour. So I put them in a second wash and hung them outside for a day or two (out in the day, in at night). I've also sprayed them with a fabreeze aerosol spray but I can still get a slight smell.

I thought this solved the problem but I'm wearing one of the tops but still seem to be getting a slight odor still. These clothes are just hooddies/tops/tshirts nothing delicate. I was thinking of maybe soaking them over night in biological liquid or baking soda. Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Baking soda I think was the best thing for spilt milk, or was it vinegar?
    Maybe the two together in washing machine or soak? I think it's the baking soda is an odour lifter?
    Google will have the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The best thing to do is to dry them outside. My towels all smelt horrific for the last few months. I said it to my friend and he said it's due to them being tumble dried rather than outside. So I have dried them outside for the last two weeks and they are odorless finally again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What temperature are you washing at? If the smell is still in the machine and you've been washing at a low temperature it would be worth running an empty wash cycle (with detergent but no clothes) at 60 plus degrees to clean it out, before washing the stuff that smells again.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Try a solution of Milton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Aimeee wrote: »
    Baking soda I think was the best thing for spilt milk, or was it vinegar?
    Maybe the two together in washing machine or soak? I think it's the baking soda is an odour lifter?
    Google will have the answer.

The two together would not be a good idea - they would neutralise one another!

• Advertisement
Advertisement