Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun laoghaire to Heuston this evening

Options
  • 17-10-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I am driving from Dun laoghaire to Heuston station at 4:30 this evening. Am I better to go via the M50/lucan exit or N11 through ballsbridge/town?

thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭Rotunda Shill

Not the best time, normally I would go up along the canal and turn off at Killmainham prob quicker Lucan exit as busy traffic would be going the opposite way..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I would go as far as the canal via Rock Road, Merrion Road and up Pembroke Road then down Adelaide road to south circular then maybe Donore Avenue over towards Thomas St and drop down to the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Consider taking the 46a to the stillorgan dual carriageway and changing onto the 145 from there, you'll get there just as fast(faster I would say actually at that time), save fuel and make a small contribution to reducing congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

cgcsb wrote: »
    Consider taking the 46a to the stillorgan dual carriageway and changing onto the 145 from there, you'll get there just as fast(faster I would say actually at that time), save fuel and make a small contribution to reducing congestion.

Well I assume the OP needs to drive but if using public transport then a DART to Tara St and bus up the quays (90, 145 ect) or DART to Connolly and LUAS would be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Well I assume the OP needs to drive but if using public transport then a DART to Tara St and bus up the quays (90, 145 ect) or DART to Connolly and LUAS would be best.

That's another option, I would always advise people to take pt where possible and it's a very doable journey by pt. Of course the OP may not have that option if s/he is carrying heavy goods or needs to have the car at Heuston for a second journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Assuming you have to drive: N11 - Kevin St - Christchurch - Quays.

Otherwise take Dart + Red Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,562 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The fastest public transport option would actually be DART to Pearse and then 26, 66, 66a, 66b or 67 from outside the station.

Advertisement