Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusk to citywest

Options
  • 17-10-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I'd appreciate any thoughts on routes etc here.

I'm living in lusk on the Northside and I've been offered a very attractive job in citywest. At the moment I work in the city center and get the commuter train from lusk to Tara street, which is great.

So now the problem, commuting to citywest. As far as I can see there are 2 options:

1. Drive. I shudder at the thought of sitting on the m50 every day. Newlands cross is about to open so it will be interesting to see how that helps.

2. Continue getting the train and jumping on the LUAS out to citywest. Which is fine but I'll be commuting for probably a good 2 hours each way.

Any other options or opinions? Am I just mad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The M50 is bad in Sept/Oct, but calms down again.

It takes me half an hour -40 mins in the mornings and 25-35 mins in the evenings to get to Tallaght, but longer in sept/oct. an hour in the mornings, 45 mins in the evenings.

The N7 flyover is due to open at the end of this month, so should be ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

try both and see how you get on, I'd say both options can take as long as each other at about 90 mins if you time it right, but the train/luas would be cheaper if your car is a bit fond of the gas, keep in mind you'd be paying a toll twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yes cost might be an issue. I see the cap on the leap card is €10 per day and you're paying €4.20 on the toll alone but then fuel and not forgetting car wear and tear, the costs add up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

It'll be an hour less a day driving
    Especially if you count time parking and waiting for the train and getting out of the car park
    If you value your free time at the
    Min wage that's ~8 euros per day,...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Depending on where in CW, the Luas could be up to a 15 minute walk away.

Also, Friday evenings after work are much more fun in the city centre than they are in CW! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

I'd go out back of airport kilshane cross blanch, Lucan and straight across to kingswood then to city west

Advertisement