Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas help

Options
  • 17-10-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I'm not from Dublin but will be moving and needing the travel from Jervis to Citywest return each day. I have little experience with the Luas and am struggling to understand the website/zones.

Could anyone help me with the cheapest way to do this? Preferably a monthly ticket or something like that. I see monthly tickets but not where I would buy one of them.

Thank you :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Leap would be an option as you could use the bus if needed also.

All details on leap.ie

You will have a cap on amount you spend each day and each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP - use the fare comparison calculator on the LUAS website at the link below:

http://www.luas.ie/best-ticket-options.html

The zonal map is here:
    http://www.luas.ie/interactive-map.html - Jervis is in zone 1 and Citywest in zone 4 - that's 4 zones.

7 day and 30 day tickets can be purchased from LUAS ticket machines. You will need photo ID for the 30 day ticket.

You can alternatively use the epurse on LEAP and avail of the weekly cap of €23.50 (useful if you used the LUAS for more than your work trips). You could also use the epurse facility to pay-as-you-go on Dublin Bus and Irish Rail services in Dublin. You can load

Visit www.leapcard.ie for more information.

If your employer is prepared to participate in it, the taxsaver scheme offers savings of up to 52% (depending on your marginal tax rate) on the cost of monthly and annual tickets. Details at www.taxsaver.ie

Advertisement