Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazingly clear German WW1 footage.

Options
  • 20-10-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

I found this very interesting. It is a perspective that we rarely see WW1 from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BoltzmannBrain

Fantastic. It's of course been colourized, but still, to see the expressions on the face of the soliders as they walk by, shivers down the spine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Amazing footage. Hard to watch though, both sides had the same experiences. Poignant, watching the soldiers writing letters home in the trench. What a waste of life. The music added to the sombreness. I wept. And it wasn't that long to wait before another war came along and many went through it all again and their sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Pretty amazing footage. I particularly liked 1:48, with the soldier smiling at the camera, and the shot of the men drinking and laughing. Simple, human stuff.

Advertisement