Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of eye in assault?

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can anybody give me the section of assault that this is dealt under and the penalties on conviction? Some case law would be great also. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It should be dealt with under Section 4 of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act however I know of a case where the dpp refused to go further than Section 3 in a case were the victim lost an eye.

FYI, the DPP in this country is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

It should be dealt with under Section 4 of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act however I know of a case where the dpp refused to go further than Section 3 in a case were the victim lost an eye.

FYI, the judicial system in this country is a joke.

Fixed your post!

While the DPP may be under funded/resourced, they do themselves absolutely no favours in the public eye by making decisions as you refer to above :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭plodder

FYI, the DPP in this country is a joke.
    The present DPP, or the office in general?
    “serious harm” means injury which creates a substantial risk of death or which causes serious disfigurement or substantial loss or impairment of the mobility of the body as a whole or of the function of any particular bodily member or organ
    Losing an eye certainly should qualify as serious harm. What's the problem with them? Is it just fear of losing?

Advertisement