Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only good until end of February 20% https://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/20-off-center-parcs-longford-forest-winter-breaks-3379258
    They all seem to taking about 25% off on ferries, know anyone working on the boats?

Was thinking of later tbh.

Don't collect Tesco vouchers.

Yeah in-laws went too, kids had a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭circadian

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was thinking of booking the family in for a short stay, maybe at Easter or early summer and was wondering do they ever do deals, sales, promo codes etc?

Every little would help!

Every little helps? Funnily enough they take tesco vouchers if you got them.

Definitely cheaper off peak, significantly cheaper. Taking the wains this march to try it out. Summer prices are mental but we'll see how we get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

They have deal alright. If you have money they put asaddle on you and if you have none they are not interested. The more money you have, the softer the saddle. Giddyup there boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭circadian

Liamo57 wrote: »
    They have deal alright. If you have money they put asaddle on you and if you have none they are not interested. The more money you have, the softer the saddle. Giddyup there boy.

And just like that an unhelpful 5 month old account springs into life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's ridiculously expensive give me a few days out west and some fresh lobster from Julia's truck and I'd be just as happy and a lot richer. Mrs was talking about Easter up there as well, I think we live in a centerparck as is I'm not getting the attraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭anewme

circadian wrote: »
    And just like that an unhelpful 5 month old account springs into life.

Well thankfully , I doubt if he'll ever get next or near the place, even with a gold plated saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

They had a really quiet period there before Xmas and left the place empty rather than cut prices.

Now, was that stupidity on their part as new operation or they meant it...time will tell.

I'd say stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

FFVII wrote: »
    They had a really quiet period there before Xmas and left the place empty rather than cut prices.

Now, was that stupidity on their part as new operation or they meant it...time will tell.

I'd say stupidity.

That seems strange.

They obviously don't follow the Ryanair business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you have kids, I can see the appeal. Without kids, it's a bit pointless to spend that kind of money.

Two weeks in a campsite in France is way better value with kids

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Two weeks in a campsite in France is way better value with kids

Depends on your definition of value..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you have kids, I can see the appeal. Without kids, it's a bit pointless to spend that kind of money.

The clearly market themselves as a place for families but one couple’s ‘pointless’ is another’s idea of heaven

Centre parcs, as a concept, seems to be pretty popular elsewhere so I’d imagine they know what they’re doing here

Sounds like hell.

I'd prefer a week ~1hr drive away with a nice cabin and activities for the kids on my doorstep :pac:

Mobile homes in france are fantastic, kayaking down a proper creek where kids wont be cold, cycling tracks in sunny weather, amazing beaches, zip lining is better and cheaper than centre parcs, pool in fresh air just cant beat it, beautiful summer evenings with a bbq and amazing restaurants.

Each to their own as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

And it is not in Longford we’re the average temperature in summer is 16 and it rains every day
    Mobile homes in france are fantastic, kayaking down a proper creek where kids wont be cold, cycling tracks in sunny weather, amazing beaches, zip lining is better and cheaper than centre parcs, pool in fresh air just cant beat it, beautiful summer evenings with a bbq and amazing restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

FFVII wrote: »

I'd say stupidity.

0% true

Occupancy rate of +90%
    Relation works there

Ferry is, what? €1000
    Plus driving time

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Ferry is, what? €1000
    Plus driving time

Or you can fly. Short enough flight, less driving time depending where you head for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

0% true

Occupancy rate of +90%
    Relation works there

Ask again.

Before Xmas.

I'm not wrong.

45-55% occupancy.

Ferry is, what? €1000
    Plus driving time

Fly and 30 min drive. Almost 2000 for one week in centre parcs in July without the extras, for 400 more we get flights and excellent accommodation in france with loads of free extras that centre parcs charge for.

Fly and 30 min drive. Almost 2000 for one week in centre parcs in July without the extras, for 400 more we get flights and excellent accommodation in france with loads of free extras that centre parcs charge for.

Off with ya.

The biggest issue in Center Parcs has been that a load of cultural migrants booked in during the first few weeks it was open and lifted a load of tvs and other items from the cabins and around the site.

plus there has been a lot of incidents of the cabins being wrecked by people who basically seem to live in their own filth for the entirety of their stay. I've seen photos of the destruction left and I cannot imagine what sort of person actually does that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

I'd say stupidity.

I was there before Christmas and it seemed pretty full to me - the restaurants were booked out and so were many of the activities. A staff member in the office said that they were to 98% capacity the weekend after ours.

Didn't see any evidence of vandalism or anti-social behaviour mentioned in the last post - just ordinary families having a good time.

CP might not be for everyone but we really enjoyed it and would return.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dubjams

Having done the French campsite experience and a weekend in Centre Parcs Longford there are pros and cons with each.

The lodges in CP are a definite step up from a mobile home and are making it difficult to go back to a mobile home this year (for me anyway, the kids don't care!)

Has anyone been to a Centre Parcs on the continent that they'd recommend? It might be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I ordered some stuff from Mothercare for my nephews and was sent a code for 20% off in Center Parcs. Only spotted the email today so not sure if it's still valid but it's MCW20 Valid for stays until 10 February

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Hi all

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get these? Going on 29th feb for 4 days

Was going to the parks for the 3 days of this trip. I've googled Prices seem very steep compared to the last time I went 3 years ago. Have they put the prices up in the last few years?

In anyway was just wondering where is best place to get them and it's also coming up as cheapest to buy 1 day 1 park tickets all separately instead of buying 3 days 2 parks

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

Is it still possible to use the clucard points for the parks in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Hi we are thinking about going to alton towers in July as a surprise for my daughter, we dont want to drive so I've planned out fly to Manchester train to Stoke on trent and stay there for 3 nights getting bus to park.
    Does this sound OK?
    Has anyone done anything similar and how did it work out.
    Also what is the park suited for I've a 13 year old and a 9 year old. We were in Orlando last year and the eldest will go on any attraction.

We went 4 years ago when our little one was 6 and she was too small for most of the rides. It’s definitely aimed at thrill seekers so the 13 year old will be in his/her element.

We drove there so can’t comment on the transport options

It’s a fair bit away from Stoke (although that’s the nerest city)

FWIW we did a 3 night trip in Blackpool with one day each at pleasure beach and Alton Towers

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Dodge wrote:
    FWIW we did a 3 night trip in Blackpool with one day each at pleasure beach and Alton Towers

Thanks, there is supposed to be a bus from Stoke to alton towers its about a 30 drive. What did you think of Blackpool, we were there as a young couple 25 years ago, first roller-coaster we ever went on was the Pepsi max and it terrified us both.
    The other option is Thorpe Park which seems easier to access.

Pleasure beach itself is great. There are so many roller coasters (and other rides) that it’s well worth the entry price. It’s more of an amusement park than a theme park though (if you know what I mean)

Blackpool isn’t great. Now we went cheap and cheerful staying in a travel lodge for the 3 nights. Two full days at the parks were fun

Just be aware that they close *much* earlier than US parks. Think Alton Towers closed at 5 or 6 and this was in August

• Advertisement

Quick Question about Disney Land in Paris?

We are going the last week of November for 4 nights. Did any do the full board was it worth it?
    Is the ultimate fast express pass worth it?
    Is the Disney land hotel good?
    Any tips? Is it busy at weekends in Nov?

Thanks

Advertisement