Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intel Mac Mini and gaming

• 30-05-2006 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there.

Recently purchased the Mac Mini Core Duo and was looking to test out its gaming capabilities. I know OSX isnt flushed with games, but can anyone recommend anything? Will non-unibin games run well under Rosetta, or am I further restricted to unibin games?

And what about running games through windows under bootcamp? What kind of performance can one expect? Is the intel graphics chipset widely supported?

Oh, and does anyone know how well Football Manager 2006 runs under rosetta? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I know OSX isnt flushed with games, but can anyone recommend anything?

http://www.macgamestore.com/search.php?ProductType=UB

That link goes to the list of current Universal Binary Games. Personally, I have a 2.0ghz Macbook Pro with 2Gb of RAM and I have Doom 3, Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2 in Univesal binary. At high quality graphics settings these games run flawlessly.

I also have Baldur's Gate 2 and Homeworld 2, both PowerPC native, and they work seamlessly too. Rosetta is surprisingly good at its job!

Any OSX PowerPc native game will run on your machine. The more demanding the game however the worse the slowdown under Rosetta. Fairly logical stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Your mini has integrated graphics (64mb) so it wont be as powerful as the macbook pro (128-256mb ati radeon 1600xt). but football manager should work, if you do get the game, look for updates cos it would convert them to uni binary

apple has released bootcamp so you can boot up into windows xp, so your gaming problems are solved..cant wait for my macbook!!!!

Advertisement