Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To sell iBook or not to sell iBook

• 25-05-2006 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

With the new MacBooks and the fact that I have an Intel Mac Mini hooked up to my tv in my room, now wondering whether or not to sell my G4 iBook. How much would you knowledgable guys reckon I'd get for the following:

1.2ghz G4 iBook
    768mb ram
    60gb hard drive
    dvd/cdrw combo drive
    Tucano second skin case
    OS X 10.3

Bought in December '04 and in excellent condition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Pfft, tough call, it's the 10.3 OS so I reckon you could push for €600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

thinking of selling my 12" powerbook too, 1.3Ghz, 768mb RAM 60Gb HD, Superdrive and tuscano second skin(arent they great), 10.04 and iLife 06.
    but hoping to get bout 900, is that unrealistic?

kmurph you can get a trade in quote direct from compuB online, cant remember they're address, but they only said 500 hundred for mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

this may seem a bit stupid but how does compuB work, i got a trade in value quote off there web site for just under 600 euro, so will they give me that off a brand new macbook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

I would say, that if your current ibook does the job you need it to do, then don't see much benefit in getting a macbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Sarunas wrote:
    I would say, that if your current ibook does the job you need it to do, then don't see much benefit in getting a macbook.

My head tells me this, but my heart says "New shiny toy!!!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Sarunas wrote:
    Quouted for truth, my G4 iBook (1.33gHz) is fine for the moment, there's not a big enough leap (in my opinion) in this first generation of MacBook from my iBook which I bought last summer to justify an upgrade. One thing, why oh WHY won't they put a semi decent graphics card in their MacBook range, no one rates Intel onBoard graphics, not even Intel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Call_me_al wrote:
    thinking of selling my 12" powerbook too, 1.3Ghz, 768mb RAM 60Gb HD, Superdrive and tuscano second skin(arent they great), 10.04 and iLife 06.
    but hoping to get bout 900, is that unrealistic?

kmurph you can get a trade in quote direct from compuB online, cant remember they're address, but they only said 500 hundred for mine!

u might get 900. i'd say you'd deffo get 800 4 it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

has anyone done any trade in business wit compuB before?

well the onboard are out preforming the 128mb ones on the MacBook Pro in benchmarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Link please? (anything that would run World of Warcraft better than my iBook does would be worth it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

CompuB? Who are they? They take trade-ins for Mac's? Are they in Ireland?

PDD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

CompuB? Who are they? They take trade-ins for Mac's? Are they in Ireland?

PDD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've not done a trade-in with CompuB, but I've had a bad experience when buying a new machine -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054906438&referrerid=59211&highlight=compub

well took the plunge and listed it on ebay, hopefully i'll be the owner of a brand new macbook in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I really want to sell mine but I don't think I'll get enough for it to be worth selling it. I love this thing but the whole win xp partition idea on the new intel macs would be awesome as I need to use windows for the likes of autocad. Hmm...

Please do explain more about this trade in thing compuB have?

Advertisement