Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French took cocaine before hospitalised

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Wow that was a quick postmortem, i didn't think they would publicly mention it this quick.

Katy RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I never really doubted that, it was the most logical conclusion to draw from the beginning IMO.

Sean_K wrote: »
    I never really doubted that, it was the most logical conclusion to draw from the beginning IMO.

Yes agreed, With the 2 guys in the country in ICU, When i heard of Katy i thought the same has happened to her.Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

drdre wrote: »
    Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

Yes, cause its all their fault :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I know its pedantic, but did French simply take cocaine pre-hospitalisation, or did the cocaine result in her hospitalisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Yes agreed, With the 2 guys in the country in ICU, When i heard of Katy i thought the same has happened to her.Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

at the end of the day nobody forced Katy to take anything so therefore the choice was hers. u can't blame a drug dealer because somebody over indulged on something. i feel sorry for her family's loss but theres nobody to blame except for Katy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

jimi_t wrote: »
    I know its pedantic, but did French simply take cocaine pre-hospitalisation, or did the cocaine result in her hospitalisation.

It hasn't been revealed. But I'm sure a toxicology and post mortem would reveal that info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Jay Ru wrote: »
    at the end of the day nobody forced Katy to take anything so therefore the choice was hers. u can't blame a drug dealer because somebody over indulged on something.
    Well it remains to be seen what contaminants were used to cut the cocaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Jay Ru wrote: »
    at the end of the day nobody forced Katy to take anything so therefore the choice was hers. u can't blame a drug dealer because somebody over indulged on something. i feel sorry for her family's loss but theres nobody to blame except for Katy

Apparently, there is to be an investigation to try and track down the dealer who sold it to her. (According to todays The Star)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

I heard a rumour it was someone within RTE, 'high profile'. Heard a name but I won't say, cos it's still just a rumour. I'd say the Gardai are going to go all out on this one.

• Advertisement

Or she could of decided not to take it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭skooterblue

She admitted before she took coacine and then she said she wanted nothing more to do with the cocaine scene. I have no sympathy drugs users they are just as guilty as drug abusers. "I was abused / had a rough childhood / got involved with the wrong people" is not an excuse.

If no one bought drugs, drugs would be worthless. drugs fund organised crime. As for the high profile person in RTE that could be anyone.

You lie down with dogs dont be surprised if you get up with fleas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

I wouldnt agree to that, there are pushers out there that want to make the money so they will push anything to these type of people.

Do you honestly believe that anyone shoved a fifty euro note up her nose last Thursday and forced her to snort?

Nope. She undoubtedly took it of her own free will, just as she had done in the past.

I wouldnt agree to that, there are pushers out there that want to make the money so they will push anything to these type of people.
    Bollocks.

She may have been offered it regularly but it was completely her choice to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Or she could of decided not to take it...

:confused::confused::confused:

Someone forced her to take cocaine?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

It is amazingly fast that they'd have the post mortum results out already. It's probably no big surprise to anybody of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'm reminded of the old adage, "when the sh1t reaches up to your nose, don't open your mouth".

On topic, well it's official now folks, which makes the events of the last week no less sad, whoever the casualty may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

All the off-topic posts about drug dealing and what not have been deleted.

Well it's official now so we can stop having to tippy-toe around the speculation, but still be careful what you say folks, don't want to have to go deleting gazillions of posts or locking yet another thread about this.

By the way, did anyone see the Examiner today where they quoted from a couple of the other threads about this? Luckily they didn't see all of the insulting ones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Stargal wrote: »
    By the way, did anyone see the Examiner today where they quoted from a couple of the other threads about this? Luckily they didn't see all of the insulting ones..

That's pretty bent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.Its so abundant in the krystle/xpose Irish celeb scene cos its a social scence that is based on such ridiculous superficaility. One day your flavour of the month,the next your nobody and models such as Katy are always going to have a younger,better looking more controversial model just behind them. Its no wonder those in that sort of environment have to turn to turn to drugs to escape the intense superfiiciality that surrounds them everywhere. I really hope that Katys death isnt glamourised like so many young,beautiful ,celebrity deaths are.I hope that the press dont start blaming drug dealers etc on the massive problem with drugs in Ireland. Instead they should take a look at society and what is making a whole generation of young Irish people who would seem to have evrything to live for to turn to drugs such as cocaine?

• Advertisement

What was the context Stargal? Was it about how mean people can be or about the allegations (now facts) or how icocaine was the general consensus to begin with?

Oh.

Link perchance? I usually take the mini Indo, primarily 'cos it isn't a redtop and it's easy to read in a layby;)

Proves my point anyway.
    All the off-topic posts about drug dealing and what not have been deleted.

Well it's official now so we can stop having to tippy-toe around the speculation, but still be careful what you say folks, don't want to have to go deleting gazillions of posts or locking yet another thread about this.

Oh.

Link perchance?
    What was the context Stargal? Was it about how mean people can be or about the allegations (now facts) or how icocaine was the general consensus to begin with?
    Can't find a link to it but it was on page 3 of today's Examiner; the whole page was about her death and there was a box that just said something like 'The response from the internet' or something generic like that and then it quoted about five people. Mrs McGyver and TheMinister were two, can't remember who else. Think they were mainly expressing sympathy; one mentioned the insulting posts but if you hadn't read the thread then it probably wouldn't have made sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Fair enough its still a tragedy. 24 year old girl is dead ect....

I do hope there is less in media of her as some sort of patron saint of a new ireland because of this. Comparisons of her as 'our princess di', the 'people's lingerie model'..... its all rubbish really.
    And then all her 'friend's' popping up in various programmes or newspapers sayin that she was a lovely girl and how much the country should be mourning. Half of the country barely knew who she was before she became ill, why should they be mourning? And surely if they were friend's of hers, appearing on morning ireland is not the best place to grieve her death.

Still no reason not to feel sorry for her family and that. They should be allowed to grieve their loss in private, but they won't.

And surely if they were friend's of hers, appearing on morning ireland is not the best place to grieve her death.

Still no reason not to feel sorry for her family and that. They should be allowed to grieve their loss in private, but they won't.

Who was on Morning Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Anyone else think it is an amazing coincidence that that documentary aired on RTE and pushed coke into the spotlight and then all of a sudden we have the deaths at the party and this Katy French thing.

Im not trying to imply anything here I am just pointing out I think it is a bit mad.

Tadhg Peavoy from Sky News, who was a friend of hers, as well as Rosanna Davison and John O'Shea from GOAL. Bit of an odd bunch tbh. You can listen to the report here.

Babybing wrote: »
    Anyone else think it is an amazing coincidence that that documentary aired on RTE and pushed coke into the spotlight and then all of a sudden we have the deaths at the party and this Katy French thing.

Im not trying to imply anything here I am just pointing out I think it is a bit mad.
    To the Conspiracy Theory forum with that kind of talk!

Seriously though, there are a lot of cocaine-related deaths in this country every year; it just so happens that the circumstances surrounding two have been particularly high-profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Rosanna Davison- according to 'Tributes paid to Katy French' on the entertainment section of the RTE site.

• Advertisement

I heard that working class pseudo socialite and latter day drugs campaigner Gavin Lambe Murphy on the News at One today. I had hoped that he would make a contribution to Liveline (not a show I'm a fan of, but needs must) afterward, in light of rebuttals to his comments by model agency colleagues of KF.

Apparently, Jwoah Duffeh mentioned he was lunching with the junior minister and was unavailable.

Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

She admitted before she took coacine and then she said she wanted nothing more to do with the cocaine scene. I have no sympathy drugs users they are just as guilty as drug abusers. "I was abused / had a rough childhood / got involved with the wrong people" is not an excuse.

If no one bought drugs, drugs would be worthless. drugs fund organised crime. As for the high profile person in RTE that could be anyone.

You lie down with dogs dont be surprised if you get up with fleas!!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

panda100 wrote: »
    People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.Its so abundant in the krystle/xpose Irish celeb scene cos its a social scence that is based on such ridiculous superficaility. One day your flavour of the month,the next your nobody and models such as Katy are always going to have a younger,better looking more controversial model just behind them. Its no wonder those in that sort of environment have to turn to turn to drugs to escape the intense superfiiciality that surrounds them everywhere. I really hope that Katys death isnt glamourised like so many young,beautiful ,celebrity deaths are.I hope that the press dont start blaming drug dealers etc on the massive problem with drugs in Ireland. Instead they should take a look at society and what is making a whole generation of young Irish people who would seem to have evrything to live for to turn to drugs such as cocaine?
    Is this all drugs, or just cocaine?

Seriously -- What are you talking about? People don't just take drugs to "escape reality". Drugs cause chemical reactions in the body and produce certain effects. They can be used for any sort of reason. You think people take ecstasy to escape reality? Or because the drug enhances their night and is alot of fun?

You think people take nicotine to escape reality? Or because it has a relaxing effect on the body?

Dunno how you can generalise all "drugs" like that. They're all different and can be taken for any number of reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.

With all due respect, this is nonsense. People take drugs because they're a hell of a lot of fun, at least initially.

You can certainly make a strong argument that taking drugs is morally wrong, but attempting to suggest that the only reason people take drugs is "to escape reality" is, IMO, idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's the argument that taking drugs is morally wrong...? Unless you're a religious person, I really don't think there is one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Theres is a load of drugs you can take even the ones you can get over the counter(solphandine) whatever way you look at it! drink prob causes a lot more death indirectly than any other drug ! then there the dreaded fag its kills me that i can't buy a 10 pack anymore its making me smoke more ! and if you tell a kid not to do something it more or less makes them want to do it more!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I imagine she was being genuine when she said she didn't take cocaine anymore. However, regardless of whatever resolutions you've made prior, you're drunk at a social gathering, everyone is taking it and offering it you gratis, and it becomes very attractive.

Sad story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Wow that was a quick postmortem, i didn't think they would publicly mention it this quick.
    These were just the results of the preliminary postmortem.

But the RTE report was worded so badly that it was very ambiguous whether the cocaine use was actually revealed by the preliminary postmortem or revealed by Katy herself.

I didn't think a toxicology lab would be able to get results so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tadhg Peavoy from Sky News, who was a friend of hers, as well as Rosanna Davison and John O'Shea from GOAL. Bit of an odd bunch tbh. You can listen to the report here.

I cringed the whole way though, Davison sounds like a muppet, interviewer wasn't much use.

But the RTE report was worded so badly that it was very ambiguous whether the cocaine use was actually revealed by the preliminary postmortem or revealed by Katy herself.

I didn't think a toxicology lab would be able to get results so quickly.

They announced the night she died that toxicology results would be out Friday night (yesterday) so I assume that its based of them.
    I imagine she was being genuine when she said she didn't take cocaine anymore. However, regardless of whatever resolutions you've made prior, you're drunk at a social gathering, everyone is taking it and offering it you gratis, and it becomes very attractive.
    Wasn't there only a couple of people in the house and they said there wasn't a party going on.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

All you need is a couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I cringed the whole way though, Davison sounds like a muppet, interviewer wasn't much use.

She said she first met her a year ago, had last seen her a couple of months ago, and didn't go to her birthday last week cos she had a cold. Didn't sound like best of friends to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Models never are the best of friends "darhling" (insert air kiss here).

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Models never are the best of friends darhling.

Mike.

They are friends but theres competition between them.

Couple of off-topic posts have been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Babybing wrote: »

The daily Indo is a cleaned up version of The Star. The half truths, made up interviews with non existant people and wild speculation are all there.
    Of course, it is somewhat more acceptable than the Sunday Independent, which is a rag that should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

The RTE documentary is just a coincidence. The fact it was based on a book that was largely a work of fiction pretty much discredits it.

Wonder will the 3 deaths (2nd lad has died in Waterford) kill off the sugar industry in this country? It is certainly on its way out in Dublin, and despite what the rags suggested never really caught on in D4 apart from a few groups, most probably because the quality is muck. It was a skanger exclusive drug, now even they are tired of it and its moved down the country.

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    The daily Indo is a cleaned up version of The Star. The half truths, made up interviews with non existant people and wild speculation are all there.
    Of course, it is somewhat more acceptable than the Sunday Independent, which is a rag that should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

The RTE documentary is just a coincidence. The fact it was based on a book that was largely a work of fiction pretty much discredits it.

Wonder will the 3 deaths (2nd lad has died in Waterford) kill off the sugar industry in this country? It is certainly on its way out in Dublin, and despite what the rags suggested never really caught on in D4 apart from a few groups, most probably because the quality is muck. It was a skanger exclusive drug, now even they are tired of it and its moved down the country.

It will never be killed off as there are too many buyers, Because the guards might tackle the importers then the price might go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mike65 wrote: »
    Models never are the best of friends "darhling" (insert air kiss here).

Mike.

Yeah you feel a bit sorry for Katy that no one from her work place i.e Assests turned up to her bday and now there all 'devasted'. Rossanna Davidson has been on the tv,papers every day 'grieveing' her loss but couldnt go to katys party as she 'had the start of a cold'. With friends like that....
    Let this be a warning to all wannabe fame seekers, its really not as glamorous and fun as the media makes out to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

I watched TV3 news last night, they didn't mention that she had taken cocaine. RTE did.

Glenda Gilson didn't go to her birthday party either, obviously not good friends with her. She was due to be on the Late Late Show last night, but Paty Kenny said that she couldn't make due to the ''untimely death of Katy French". She and Rosanna were not good friends with her, their grief seems a bit fake. In the Irish Mirror today Rosanna said "'the nation is in mourning''. That is a bit OTT.

Also, i read in the Irish Mirror today that dozens of photographers who charted Katy's rise to stardom will form a guard of honour at her funeral and lay down their cameras as the coffin is taken to its final resting place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Apparently the Mail on Sunday is going to town on the Sindo tomorrow. Some of the Sindo's "journalists" have been questioned by the cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.Its so abundant in the krystle/xpose Irish celeb scene cos its a social scence that is based on such ridiculous superficaility. One day your flavour of the month,the next your nobody and models such as Katy are always going to have a younger,better looking more controversial model just behind them. Its no wonder those in that sort of environment have to turn to turn to drugs to escape the intense superfiiciality that surrounds them everywhere.

lol how terrible her life must have been! No wonder she took drugs to escape the hell! Either that or she just wanted to get high... it doesn't mean that your life is terrible if you want to get high. Stop being so dramatic. She took a risk and she lost big time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement