Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More of a PC guy! So I need some adivse

• 25-08-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭

So my father wants me to get him a new laptop, but I dont really know what options are out there, as Im more of a PC guy.

So I was thinking who best to ask, but, you all :)

So here is some info:

Budget: Less then 1000

Intended use: Internet, e-mail, general work around word processing.

Mobility: Mobility not a big issue

Warranty: Not sure of this one

What Operating System do you use? Windows! Win7 or 8 (perosnly I hate 8 and if I get it for him I know im going to have to teach him this, so id like win7 over it :P)

Other info:

Has to be 17in screen.

He does like a fast laptop and something that is going to last 5 years min.
    So getting a few extra ram etc now that will keep it running in the long run is what I think he needs.

Also, I have a dell, and it is crap because, as I type I put pressure on the plastic which is cheep and crap and transfers the pressure to the touch pad (mouse thing!) that means the curser just jumps around and distorts my typing. I have to use a keyboard now, and am a little worried this could be an issue on other laptops. So would like someone to put my mind at ease or to confirm this could be an issue :)

Thanks in advance for taking time to give me some advise ;)

Comments

Advertisement