Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Following [Fox - Spoilers]

Options
  • 17-04-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,031 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a376889/kevin-bacons-fox-serial-killer-pilot-gets-title.html

Kevin Williamson's new Fox pilot will be known as Mastermind.
    The drama will star Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy, a retired FBI profiler who returns to active duty.
    John Carter star James Purefoy will also star as Hardy's nemesis, serial killer Joe Carroll.
    Other stars attached to Mastermind - the title revealed by Vulture - include Maggie Grace (Lost), Natalie Zea (Justified) and Shawn Ashmore (X-Men).
    The pilot is thought to be in strong contention for a series pick-up, having impressed network executives at early screenings.

Finally got a name, sounds like one of more promising pilots for the new season, would kinda prefer if isnt wasnt on Fox though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,031 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Following is an edge-of-your-seat thriller, in which an incarcerated, though still diabolical serial killer (James Purefoy) taunts the damaged FBI profiler (Kevin Bacon) who captured him by recruiting an army of deluded followers. Natalie Zea, Nico Tortorella, Jeananne Goossen, Shawn Ashmore, Adan Canto, Billy Brown, Kyle Catlett and Valorie Curry will also star. Kevin Williamson wrote the pilot and will executive-produce.

Picked up to series by Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'll watch anything with James Purefoy & Natalie Zea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Looks good :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

New vid posted.

Would like to see this, if only for Purefoy's involvement.

• Advertisement

The Following will make its debut on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 9pm ET on Fox

Starts on Sky Atlantic on Tuesday 22nd of January at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Might give it a try.....recommended in ST Culture mag yesterday,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

This is starting next week on Sky Atlantic over here. We'll have it the day after the US which is great.

It looks absolutely excellent, its the first time in a long time ive been genuinely excited about a new show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Starts tonight....bit of controversy about it too, apparently it has some ultra realistic voilence. Kevin Bacon reason enough to tune in.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This is probably the drama I was most anticipating in the entire 2012/2013 season..

.. hope it doesn't disappoint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Kevin Bacon is very reliable, and James Purefoy is usually good when hamming it up so this should be good. This starts tomorrow night on Sky Atlantic doesn't it? Will save the bother of alternative sourcing anyway.

Starts tonight....bit of controversy about it too, apparently it has some ultra realistic voilence. Kevin Bacon reason enough to tune in.....

I worry now as it is on Fox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah don't. They ran with Fringe until the end. I don't think they're as bad as they used to be.

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah don't. They ran with Fringe until the end. I don't think they're as bad as they used to be.

Lets hope it gets a big following :p

Badum Tish. :)

Won't see it until tonight but pilots can frequently be a bit rocky, will likely give it at least a couple more episodes to settle down if the pilot isn't great.

awaiting the ratings.......

Mr E wrote: »

alcatraz, terra nova, the chicago code......nuff said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Basq wrote: »

Reading the comments afterwards it seems that the author is biased and takes a lot of those snippets out of context.

Mixed reviews on Metacritic with 62% average at the moment.

Doesn't sound too promising which is a shame, I was looking forward to this.

Yeah.. but they've also given some shows with horrible ratings plenty of chances including Breaking In, Lie To Me & Human Target. Sure, they're all cancelled now but they all lasted at least one season with middling to horrible ratings.

Just sayin'....star power won't save a show....only ratings. Bacon might be a big name but he won't save the show if it flops.

Bacon might be a big name but he won't save the show if it flops.

You mean he won't save the show's bacon?

Looking forward to checking this out tonight. I love the premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fruitgum

Can't wait to watch this..there's been alot of hype about it which sometimes is not a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

It was solid enough. Wasn't perfect but built the premise of the show well. It is an intriguing idea and everybody loves serial killer movies/shows so I'm sure it will do well. Bacon is an excellent actor and that always adds another dimension to a show like this.. Just as Johnny Lee Miller did with Elementary

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Looking forward to this as well, hopefully it will be good.

I never give critics views much heed before I have had a chance to see what a series is like for myself.

Decent ratings for the opener (3.1/7 in the much coveted 18-49 group, or 10.38M viewers).

The Chicago Code was the only one of those shows that wasn't god awful.

• Advertisement

I liked it. It was completely and utterly implausible, but it was entertaining. Expect a couple of heel turns by some of the good guys before the season is out....

Advertisement