Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think I'm going to give up on this, the first few episodes were excellent but now it's getting really boring really fast. Tried to watch ep7 today but just turned it off half way through, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought the most recent one with Mena Suvari was a bit of a bore..

.. but have loved everything else!

Still one of the better series on TV this year IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I stopped watching at the bit where they had the guy masturbating and crying afterwards. Yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Mindkiller wrote: »
    I stopped watching at the bit where they had the guy masturbating and crying afterwards. Yuck

I tapped out then too but friends lured me back in and it really picked up. Halloween double ep was top notch but I feel like it has dipped again. The latest one with the Black Dahlia murders was good in parts but not great.
    The kid and the dog tend to appear only to serve plot purposes, and the wife is getting annoying. Moan moan ****ing moan!
    The Neighbour is the best one in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Absolutley fantastic episode this week. Saw some parts of it coming but it was done really well. Can't wait to see how it wraps up in the next 2 eps.

• Advertisement

Wait.

So Violet was dead for ages? Crikey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Wait.

So Violet was dead for ages? Crikey.
    I sort of saw that one coming a few episodes back. The girl never seemed to be outside of the house. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I suspected Violet died when she took the overdose but it was still a surprise with the way that they did the scene.

I thought that Tate didnt realise he was dead. That was what Constance told Violet a few episodes back :confused:

I reckon the parents are going to cop it as well. That way they will remain in the show but as ghosts in Season 2. I cant see them leaving the daughter in the house and them moving out. Though where that fits in with the twins being born I dont know.

Perhaps she has them in the house, dies in childbirth, the husband gets killed and Constance takes the babies?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ cop it, i think they parents have been dead all season!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

But if the dead can't leave the house, how did tate bring voilet to the beach that time when the other kids started chasing him. Was it because it was Halloween? I know that other psycho stalker girl was being taken away in the police car and disappeared when they got to the station so is there like a distance thing before they are zapped back to the house?

• Advertisement

^ cop it, i think they parents have been dead all season!

That doesn't work, the parents have been out of the house plenty. And the mother is currently committed so they're alive.
    I'm also betting that the majority of the cast won't show up in season 2. I'm guessing a new setting too, the title is open enough to tell as many different stories as it wants....

sheehy83 wrote: »
    But if the dead can't leave the house, how did tate bring voilet to the beach that time when the other kids started chasing him. Was it because it was Halloween? I know that other psycho stalker girl was being taken away in the police car and disappeared when they got to the station so is there like a distance thing before they are zapped back to the house?

Yup, it was Halloween. He was able to leave the house because it's when the Dead can walk the Earth.

Do you think the parents suspect that Violet is dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Why did Tate have to drug Ben if he couldn't take her away in the first place?? Was it just so Tate could break the news to Violet himself?

Why did Tate have to drug Ben if he couldn't take her away in the first place?? Was it just so Tate could break the news to Violet himself?

Ya I think it was insurance in case He interrupeted the suicide or Voilet called out for him which she did. Good thinking by Tate.

How many episodes are left?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya I think it was insurance in case He interrupeted the suicide or Voilet called out for him which she did. Good thinking by Tate.

How many episodes are left?

I'm a bit confused by the timeline - weren't Tate's drugging of Ben and Violet's suicide at two separate times?

From what I can remember anyway was tate in the rubber suit finally drugging ben. Then not sure if there was another scene inbetween but I just figured tate went straight to voilet but not too sure.

Brilliant twist with Voilet being dead, have to say didn't see it coming.

I assumed that the fact there were flies and that her body was slightly decomposed meant that a few weeks had passed between her suicide and Ben's drugging. Not entirely sure why Tate did it, perhaps it was to show Violet her body without their being interrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

Violet has been off school for a fortnight, so I assume she was dead for that length of time. He hadn't planned on showing her the body, so I don't think that's why he drugged Ben. I assumed he did it, so he could convince her to take the pills without intervention. He wanted her to take them of her own accord, and not realise that she had been dead for the past two weeks. Letting her down gently, so to speak. When she ran off screaming for help, Tate realised he would have to tell her the truth. That's what I understood from it anyway.

I enjoyed this episode, I thought it was really going downhill before this one. Hoping there will be some revelations for the parents in the next episode.

What was the whole issue with getting her to take the pills though? She was dead by that point surely..

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

Yes she was dead, but she didnt know that. Tate wanted her to think she was committing suicide in some kind of a romantic lovers pact, as opposed to her finding out the ugly truth that she had been dead for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

The spooky house used in the show is up for sale, only $4.5 million!!

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/american-horror-story-home-for-sale-for-45-million-20111312

I'm guessing that confirms a new setting for next season then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Watched episode 11 there
    it's drawing to a close with only Ben left alive, it leaves me curious about the last episode, but it's not the cliffhanger I expected. I can see where this is going ie. they all end up dead and stuck in the house, leaving no problem with another series and a new family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Fantastic episode this week yet again, definitely my favourite of the new shows.

The scene in the nursery with Constance and one of the gay couple was fantastic. The creepy doc also made an appearance which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

stopped watching this after ep 4, maybe i should go back to it. seems to be getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Just watched the latest episode there.
    Nice ending for Nora, she got her baby :)

Curious to see what will happen with
    the evil baby and Hayden's attempts to steal it.

Really enjoyed this episode. The whole birth scene was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Thought the latest episode was fantastic!
    Think this is my favourite series of the year.
    Hope Season 2 is as insane!! :D

Anyone else wondering what the baby looks like? They just described it as perfect but I wouldn't trust Constance's definition of perfect. :pac:

i hope mr. douch mcdouchebag dylan mcdermot dies next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The shows been nominated for a Golden Globe in the TV drama section along with Jessica Lange in the TV actress section.

Advertisement