Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

I've been enjoying this too. I wasn't sure if I was going to. I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, but this is not genuinely scary horror, this is mostly just creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I can't wait for the Rubber man to return. He freaks me out to no end.

tumblr_ltdew4xPLj1qfzfqko1_400.jpg

Just finishing episode two now and I love it. It reminds me of an early Supernatural, before all the demons and angels got introduced. But a bit better, because it's eerie, the acting is good (Supernatural has a terrible habit of overacting, as much as I love that show), the music is great and it's suitably messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Halloween (Part 1) was brilliant! I'm not a fan of Zachary Quinto but he was really good.

Absolutely loved:
    The nurse passing out, the "fluffers", lots of the rubberman and of course the reappearance of the dead ex!

Was quite sad about:
    Addie. I thought that was awful. I wonder if she'll be really gone since she didn't die on the property. I hope not.

Looking forward to part 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Funny, I usually like Quinto but I didn't enjoy his performance in this at all. Felt like he was portraying a caricature of a homosexual character.

• Advertisement

DeWitt wrote: »
    Funny, I usually like Quinto but I didn't enjoy his performance in this at all. Felt like he was portraying a caricature of a homosexual character.

I don't know, I thought there was a very real sense of menace to him. I liked it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Creepiest episode to date!, the Rubber Man....freaks me out!, wonder what the nurse saw?...lots of ghosts in this shows, making random visits to the house. Zombie baby?...maybe the Rubber Man is the Frankenstein child grown up?

Very short thought!...38 mins, what the adverts hell?!

DeWitt wrote: »

That's interesting, considering this is his "coming out" episode, much like Sean Maher on The playboy Club he played a gay character and used the show to admit he was gay.

Quinto did the same, seems to be a trend now...maybe Murphy's gay agenda is paying off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Great episode, although it does seem to be going down the worrying route of one question answered, two questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

This is one of the best shows in a long time. I absolutely love it. Watched the 4th episode last night and I cant get over the amount of stuff that happened in it.

Poor
    Addie
    . I really wasnt expecting that. The mask that Addie was wearing was really freaky. Speaking of freaky, just who the hell is the rubber man and what is hell is growing inside Vivien :).

As for that ending :eek:

Cant wait for episode 5.

Delighted this got renewed for a second season. I really hope they stick to their original plan and have an entirely new cast for it.

Really felt shocked when they killed Addie off.

Halloween part 2 was really good. It wasn't as strong as last week but it was still a strong episode.

Really enjoyed the
    murdered high school kids coming back for Tate
    and
    Hayden being in the house.

Loving Nora. Hope she'll be in it a lot more.

You can't deny this wins the "bizarre, weird, creepy" show of the year award.

But it's also a really strong show with great story, well done set pieces (the appearances of the Rubber Man, Tate scaring that girl in the basement alongside what I now assume to be the baby from the original owners), good acting and definitely one of the better new shows of this year.

Hope it wins some awards.

I wonder if Tate died in the house too. Looking forward to when his story is fully revealed.

I wonder if Tate died in the house too. Looking forward to when his story is fully revealed.

Yeah I'd say so. It would explain
    why he just happened to be there when the murder mentalists broke in.

I think that maybe
    Tate might not know he's dead. The thoughts he has about wanting to carry out the massacre at the school are repressed memories type thing.
    Could be way off though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Am I the only one who thought that in comparison to the first 4 episodes, episode 5 was way way way way over the top and ridiculous?

For me anyway, this might have already jumped the shark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

But it's also a really strong show with great story, well done set pieces (the appearances of the Rubber Man, Tate scaring that girl in the basement alongside what I now assume to be the baby from the original owners), good acting and definitely one of the better new shows of this year.

Hope it wins some awards.

it is very good but how are they going to keep it going for 2 or 3 seasons thats the real question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cam Newton wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought that in comparison to the first 4 episodes, episode 5 was way way way way over the top and ridiculous?

For me anyway, this might have already jumped the shark.

I completely agree with you here and I have adored the show from the beginning. I'll put it down to being OTT due to being the Halloween episode and hopefully it'll pick up again next week.

Also in terms of how the next few seasons will work, it's been said that there'll be a cast overhaul between each season. No idea if the setting etc will be the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cam Newton wrote: »
    I completely agree with you here and I have adored the show from the beginning. I'll put it down to being OTT due to being the Halloween episode and hopefully it'll pick up again next week.
    I think the show has been ludicrous and over-the-top from the beginning..

.. episode 5 was no different!

Don't get me wrong - it's very entertaining but bats*it crazy!

• Advertisement

I think that's what I love about this show - it's absolutely nuts. Part of me thinks it could have the same cult factor as Twin Peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

crazygeryy wrote: »
    it is very good but how are they going to keep it going for 2 or 3 seasons thats the real question.

I reckon they'll either have the same family in a different house, or a totally new setting with a new set of characters

Sesudra wrote: »
    I reckon they'll either have the same family in a different house, or a totally new setting with a new set of characters

I'm hoping it'll be a completely new set of characters with a couple new story. That way, it means they'll always be forced to wrap up each story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm hoping it'll be a completely new set of characters with a couple new story. That way, it means they'll always be forced to wrap up each story.

And they can retain characters by killing them in the house. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,280 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts tonight on FX UK

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts tonight on FX UK
    Ta... was telling my sister over the weekend about it, and she was wondering when it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just watched episode 7. Fcuk me it was scary.

The bit with the
    wife going to check out the dead baby in the crib
    was so tense. Just when I think that this show cant get any weirder it surprises me.

The
    dick eating scene
    was painful to watch :D

Did a monster catchup today and watched ep. 5/6/7....^ you guys called it about Tate. Least they are giving us more plot....i love the Rubber Man and wednesdays ep. promise alot on that front.

I'm in for the first season, dunno if i'll watch the second though.

gazzer wrote: »
    Just watched episode 7. Fcuk me it was scary.

The bit with the
    wife going to check out the dead baby in the crib
    was so tense. Just when I think that this show cant get any weirder it surprises me.

The
    dick eating scene
    was painful to watch :D

^ it's the music they used during the baby scene that made it extra creepy and tense :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone keeping up with this? Admittedly I thought it dipped a little in the last few episodes but the latest one was pretty good.

I enjoyed the use of the Black Dahlia case and how it was used in the story. Some great eh action scenes too :D.

The Hayden character is getting a bit annoying now so I'm hoping she'll just disappear into the background soon. At least the end of this episode showed that we will hopefully get some answers in the next few eps.

It's gonna be interesting to see how it wraps up as apparently season 2 will centre on different characters possibly in different setting.

The mad abortion doctor is the creepiest character in it and I hope we get more of him before this season is over.

Advertisement