Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugby Game

• 27-08-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All - this is my first post

I found this fantasy Rugby World Cup Game on the net that is open to Ireland only. The prizes are excellent!

All you have to do is click on the link below and register; there is even a button to click where all 15 players are randomly selected for your team to start.

www.eircom.net/fantasyrugby

Kick off to the World Cup is only 11 days away!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

nice one

Good prizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

someone throw up a mini-league there and post back the details.

We need at least 5 ppl to run the league....

I want the lazy boy, but i suppose i'd settle for the tickets to all the 6nation home games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i'll join up, have a team selected, how do u join a mini league?

• Advertisement

go to the right hand side of the page, or to the top of the page and hit 'league' then join leage... or click the link above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Sumitted my team to the mini-league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

1 post, brand affiliated website. Hmmm me smells advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

How bad...Why is there a big angry face though?!?!

🤪

9 Teams in...

We need more!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hamo

I'm in 'Hamo's Harrier's

It say's waiting on admin?

Hamo wrote:
    I'm in 'Hamo's Harrier's

It say's waiting on admin?

just approved... good choice with Richie McCaw.. i'd say he's gonna play great this year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Looks like we're the number one league in the league of leagues.

Mini-League prizes
    The top 5 managers in the mini-league with the highest points will each win a RWC rugby ball & Ireland jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I'll join later tonight if that's ok.

closing date is the 6th of Sept i think....

I have a question....

If a player earns you (example) 6 points from a game.. the next day you transfer him out of your team, Do you keep the points or are they lost with the transfer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

MikeHoncho wrote:
    1 post, brand affiliated website. Hmmm me smells advertising.

So what? He's only promoting something that we can all join in on.. Is that against the precious rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Punchbowl wrote:
    So what? He's only promoting something that we can all join in on.. Is that against the precious rules?

precisement! in like flynn (once I get accepted that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tonko Tiles

Cool prizes.

I'd fancy that chair for my sitting room. I have a space cleared out especially for it.

• Advertisement

Punchbowl wrote:
    I'm sure the marketing budgets in Eircom could stretch to offer boards.ie some advertising revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tonko Tiles

With enough players in our league we are bound to win it!:D

With enough players in our league we are bound to win it!:D

unless some people are really unlucky and lose us points?

edit /

can you have negitive points?

Do the mini-leagues win anything, or just those who are on top in their respective league or something.

Regardless, I'm in as Heaslips Revenge :)

22 people in!

Looks like this should be good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

count me in too, if it aint too late. in the admin queue now awaiting approval.

my "Robots in Disguise" are gonna wipe the floor with ye!! either that or they'll be wiping floors back in their day job after being completely useless in the world cup! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

I don't know if it's too late, i just tryed to join there, i am in the queue awaiting approval now. My team name is Cork for Sam 07!!

Cork for Sam!! Your in, providing you give Kerry a good run for there money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Well it looks like Beglee was true to his word. He has shot to the top of our league..... Im in a close second at 38th with the next closest being in the 100's.

Here are a few pointers that I have noticed from the team's at the top. Try and get the person playing fly half for a winning team in as a forward. If they scoring kicks its worth more if there a back.

Unfortunatly I loaded up my team with the Japs cos they were cheap. This means that I lost 10 points :(. If I hadent done that I would be 10-11th.

Make sure you use all your transfer's each day on players that will get picked for a match they will win.! More to come.

If anyone else wants to post helpfull suggestions feel free.

• Advertisement

This is bollox due to be able to change players depending on what games is being played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

kiwi84000 wrote:
    Well it looks like Beglee was true to his word. He has shot to the top of our league..... Im in a close second at 38th with the next closest being in the 100's.
    YAAAY :D:D

Pretty happy with how its gone so far, although im about 70pts behind first overall, but I have a bunch of Irish/SA players in my team for today, so should be some good points there. Careful management of the 3 daily transfers seems to be the key, so that you can get as many winning players (especially kickers) into your team each day.

As a fantasy game though, i think there are too many transfers allowed, and there should really be a limit on how many players you can have from each team. For instance, the guy who was leading for a while in the Heineken fantasy rugby (which is the exact same as the eircom one) had 12 Argentina players in his team!! :eek:

Thats a bit silly in my book. But then, i shoulddnt complain when im sitting top of the league. Hope i can stay there, theres a long way to go yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Just spotted this thread and signed up my team. I hope you don't mind. MeanMachine ftw!! :p

* I'm seriously pissed off with myself that I didn't have Stirling Mortlock on my team for the weekend. I thought Stephen Larkham was taking the penos :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭$lattman

I see we've broken into the top 20 in the League of leagues, good work! Something suspicious going on in the one that's top though. It seems that all the teams have been made by the same person which is against the rules...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

$lattman wrote:
    I see we've broken into the top 20 in the League of leagues, good work! Something suspicious going on in the one that's top though. It seems that all the teams have been made by the same person which is against the rules...

Can we bend the rules on this ourselves?

Can we expel the people with low scoring teams near the end of the comp and leave the top 5 in so that boardsrus has a higher average??

cant kick people out.... I tried :D

And yes, something smells funny with the number 1 league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

jameshayes wrote:
    cant kick people out.... I tried :D

And yes, something smells funny with the number 1 league!
    Smells like....victory!

Defo something up, I'm sure they'll be rumbled by the powers that be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Well if they are paying as much attention to admining it as they did when setting out the teams, he'll get away with it.

Yeah the squads are awful! I wanted to put that Qera guy for Fiji in but he wasn't even in the game! Then he goes and scores 2 tries of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

zabbo wrote:
    This is bollox due to be able to change players depending on what games is being played.

Completely.

I've stopped playing because the transfers are just ridiculous.

Yeah it's not exactly suited to those that actually have lives and jobs! Luckily I'm recovering from an operation so have absolutely nothing to do! I'll be going away in a couple of weeks though so that should screw me over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

OMG, i could actually win the Team of the week thing, i'm coming 3rd at the moment and my Mortlock and Evans points havent gone up, its looking pretty good

Advertisement