Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 25th. October 2014 10.05pm

Options
  • 24-10-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,760 ✭✭✭✭

pantq.jpg

RETURN OF THE PANTEH!

RTE's legal advisor...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVOvblCuAfKSJlGegFiARuQhoy9ZuDVhXXRVeiECaaLAF52e8Bw

*popcorn*

Coming up on the show this week Donal Óg Cusack and Simon Coveney will be in talk about the new initiative that they’re both supporting and have bonded over despite being from very different backgrounds. Richard Harris’s actor son Jared Harris, who is well known from his roles in Mad Men, Benjamin Button and Sherlock Holmes, will be in to talk about marking the twelfth anniversary of his father’s ...death at the Richard Harris International Film Festival and what it was like growing up in the Harris household. Former Fair City star Hilda Fay who played Tracey on the soap for years will be in to talk about life since leaving Carrigstown. Panti Bliss AKA Rory O Neill will be back on the show to tell us about how his life has changed since the last time he was on the show and he’ll also be talking about his new memoir book “Woman in the Making”. The Lost Brothers will be in to perform their new single, “Derridae” from their recently released album “New Songs of Dawn and Dusk”. Tune in at 10.05pm and enjoy!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I had written a post about how Simon was decent enough in the Alan Partridge film ...
    then I realised I had confused Simon Coveney and Simon Delaney :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Panti will fast become an RTE regular now appearing on these chat shows twice a year. Like Sinead O'Connor, Twink, Dustin, Westlife, Boyzone etc.

And another thing ...

puppy_kitten.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Panti will fast become an RTE regular now appearing on these chat shows twice a year. Like Sinead O'Connor, Twink, Dustin, Westlife, Boyzone etc.

Oh bliss. Oh joy. I wonder if he remembers in his memoirs where he got his American accent from seeing as he was born and reared in Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I'm sure it will be pre record this time, if RTE have any sense...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm sure it will be pre record this time, if RTE have any sense...

I doubt it. Rory O'Neill didn't say anything libellous (or inaccurate) the last time he was on, so there's no reason to believe he will this time either. If RTE had any sense, they wouldn't have handed over a bucketload of cash to a bunch of homophobes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

A brilliant opening post with those pics Welsh Megaman:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Brilliant OP WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I haven't seen Hilda Fay since she was off Fair City for a while.

I like the sound of Jared Harris coming on the show. His father was a fine actor to see on film.

It would be nice Rory O'Neill to be back on the SNS after a while. There must some talk from him about his new documentary from his crowdfunding project.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'm looking forward to Panti!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,760 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Howdy y'all!

john+waters.JPG

Oh cheer up matey, it's Saturday night! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I'm still watching Back to The Future 2, what should I do?:eek:

Hey, don't worry, I'm back from the future:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

#teamPanti
    1798312_10151951852637887_67051596_n.jpg?oh=01b4b213bfe1f89e138777c266d55ab9&oe=54B6A5BB

• Registered Users Posts: 71,760 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'm still watching Back to The Future 2, what should I do?:eek:

Grab your hoverboard and head to RTE One, pronto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

... Harris’s actor son Jared Harris, who is well known from his roles in Mad Men, Benjamin Button and Sherlock Holmes, will be in to talk about marking the twelfth anniversary of his father’s ...death at the Richard Harris ...
    Pryceh! :eek:

I didn't know that! Think I see the resemblance, all right

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Matress Mick is on, it doesn't get much better than this, the superior legend of bed salesmen.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,581 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Evening folks.

All present and correct. Ready not to comment one way or the other on this Panti business for fear of offending someone, or worse still, derailing the thread (although I fear that is inevitable).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It always strikes me as odd that this chap who is so vocal in expressing how he has been victimized and judged all his life decides to adopt the name of an undergarment, and expect to get more respect and less abuse....

I mean, what would you think if I walked up to you and said my real name is County Hurler but you can call me....... Underpants Ecstasy :cool:

great day today little nephew was down, can't wait for Panti, and a birra Simon Covney, #roadfrontage

Has Panti given up doing performances? Her effort on the SNS last time was woeful (before the controversy started).

• Advertisement

anyone else have a bit of a black out there?

David & John at the RTE transponder...

We here and were ready and raring to go now with Brendan's gags.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Evening all.

I have just finished watching The Descendents with George Clooney, really enjoyed it :)

M

I'd love if they had to pay out more cash as a result of Panti.

Skid X wrote: »
    Has Panti given up doing performances? Her effort on the SNS last time was woeful (before the controversy started).

No, it works better in the context of a gay club with loads of beer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Please stop the jokes Brendan.

M

I see water meters have hit the classifieds...

http://www.donedeal.ie/otherhome-for-sale/water-meter/7935191

It always strikes me as odd that this chap who is so vocal in expressing how he has been victimized and judged all his life decides to adopt the name of an undergarment, and expect to get more respect and less abuse....

I mean, what would you think if I walked up to you and said my real name is County Hurler but you can call me....... Underpants Ecstasy :cool:

Her book explains that- his stage name came from a CandiPanti doble act when they were in Japan

efb wrote: »
    anyone else have a bit of a black out there?

David & John at the RTE transponder...

Yeah I did. It wouldn't be funny if the whole show went live while in blackout style from RTE.

• Advertisement

I don't agree with making fun of our President in that way...

Advertisement