Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    So Dean will probably now tell Nidge about the bone Fran has to pick.

Nidge can easily then frame Fran for the Git murder what with the body buried on his land, Fran goes down for a life stretch. One problem solved.
    Makes sense now about the constant references to the finger in episode one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Ye Fran would easily be able to control his loyal and numerous henchmen from the inside alright

Besides him not having any (many at a stretch I guess?) of them, the IRA would take him out if he gets done for Gits murder. They would have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Fran is going to be doubled crossed again by his henchman (guy in boot ) just my opinion but he is going to leg it with Fran Hidden money ,Remember Fran let slip it was buried ,On this land imo ,
    This will leave Fran with his back to the wall and no cash to buy his way out of trouble , Which will make him like a wounded animal ...Very dangerous ,Which will make great viewing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Ye Fran would easily be able to control his loyal and numerous henchmen from the inside alright

Well he was still able to have a hitman contacted on the outside while he was banged up. All it would take is to get lucky once.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Sorry for the dumb post!

I haven't watched any of this season yet. What's the general consensus so far? Improvement on last year?

What is a nidge and what does relevant mean?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

"hey noelie i'm pi55in on your ma"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well he was still able to have a hitman contacted on the outside while he was banged up. All it would take is to get lucky once.

Who does he have other then Dean though? Who is now Nidges bitch for a while.

isn't deano a little touched by the way????

Hopefully Fran can make a few allies on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

isn't deano a little touched by the way????

no mor than pre-hospital tommy really.

Do women find Paulie attractive at all? I find him utterly revolting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

The guy who played the part of the hitman (Cliggy Walsh), in real life is a window cleaner around Dublin City Centre

I am nearly sure of it, anybody else recognise him?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Be careful he may be a real hit man playing a hit man.

He's about five foot six, he wears big moon boots to make him taller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Sorry to once again drag the thread back a couple of seasons (admins, cop on and give us a sub-forum, it's a complete joke at this stage!) but I'm currently rewatching season 2, who is it that Fran shoots very randomly and then dumps in a landfill, where a bunch of kids playing football subsequently discover the body? Don't think the shooting was significant other than Fran blowing off steam after Linda topped herself, and I know I'll kick myself once someone reminds me whose body it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Sorry to once again drag the thread back a couple of seasons (admins, cop on and give us a sub-forum, it's a complete joke at this stage!) but I'm currently rewatching season 2, who is it that Fran shoots very randomly and then dumps in a landfill, where a bunch of kids playing football subsequently discover the body? Don't think the shooting was significant other than Fran blowing off steam after Linda topped herself, and I know I'll kick myself once someone reminds me whose body it is?

The young joyrider. Can't remember his name. Was told to burn out the car immediately after Tommy's attempted hit on Fran. Went messing around with doughnuts in the car and got caught by the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

once nothing happens fran by this end of this series im a happy man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

The young joyrider. Can't remember his name. Was told to burn out the car immediately after Tommy's attempted hit on Fran. Went messing around with doughnuts in the car and got caught by the guards.

'twas Micka, poor sod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Hitchens wrote: »

Brutal article, particulary the lazy accusation of the show becoming a simplistic game of "who'll whack who".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Is it just me or does the Indo have a bit of a vendetta against Love/Hate? They seem to spin ratings as well, for instance massively hyping up the decline in ratings between episodes 1 and 2 without mentioning that this happens every year due to initial bandwagon hopping, and adding fuel to the ridiculous cat controversy last year, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Next episode spoiler:
    Rat Siobhan is seen winding Frans mate up again in the new clip over I have a bone to pick with you Nidgie.I bet she finds out and they get banged up over it.IRA will be angry that the body was there all along too I bet.She keeps making rat faces too.Starting to get creeped out about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

I'm on edge this season curious how it's going to end.

Is it just me or does the Indo have a bit of a vendetta against Love/Hate? They seem to spin ratings as well, for instance massively hyping up the decline in ratings between episodes 1 and 2 without mentioning that this happens every year due to initial bandwagon hopping, and adding fuel to the ridiculous cat controversy last year, etc?
    Yes they do. Tonights herold is the same ....a young idiot who actually wrote "yada yada yada" Is claiming there's nothing happening....He's also claiming the writers need to get a move on....ffs 6 episodes isn't a lot.....I guess his problem is he can't download and watch them all in one go.....twat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before and due to the ridiculous nature of this megathread no one probably remembers it anymore but regarding the copper shooting at Fran in episode 2 and how unrealistic it was, I just saw an old programme on youtube about a RIRA raid where a man was shot by gardai while try to drive away from a crime scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Just chiming in now with my two cents on episode three. I'm not overly impressed by short, no dialogue scene shooting. It's actually getting a little boring now - a bit like stretching the middle of this series with filler - I think most of us guessed how Nidge will get to Fran in prison I just didn't expect an entire episode to reveal that!

By the way I am a fan of the series but this weeks episode was well below par - I really think the last three episodes could have been condensed into two - hope it improves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Well I for one am enjoying every second of it! :-)
    Can't please everyone.
    It's too fast for some. .( haven't a clue what's happening.)
    It's too slow for others. (Full of fillers.)

I'm just taking it as it comes. :)
    Well done Stuart and all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 GreenwayM

Last Sunday's episode was really slow . . .

You know I might be crazy but I reckon with Nidge / Fran gone that Paulie could be the next Nidge / Johnboy

I reckon that Carolan has put Paulie in there for a reason . . .

I also reckon that Fran will get Trish knocked off before going for Nidge . . .

Mr Carolan, if you are reading this, I might be available as co-writer :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

GreenwayM wrote: »
    Last Sunday's episode was really slow . . .

You know I might be crazy but I reckon with Nidge / Fran gone that Paulie could be the next Nidge / Johnboy

I reckon that Carolan has put Paulie in there for a reason . . .

I also reckon that Fran will get Trish knocked off before going for Nidge . . .

Mr Carolan, if you are reading this, I might be available as co-writer :-)

If Nidge and Fran leave and Paulie is the main character that's when I'll stop watching.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Huge spoiler today in the daily mirror. Shocking how they get away with this ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

ricero wrote: »
    Huge spoiler today in the daily mirror. Shocking how they get away with this ****.
    You mean like this one
    Mirror July 2013
    mirror wrote:
    RTE bosses have hinted Nidge will be sensationally killed in the upcoming season of Love/Hate.

The TV gang boss – played by Tom Vaughan Lawlor – is the last major character remaining from the very start of the series.

Now Love/Hate executive producer Suzanne McAuley has revealed we could expect to see a big name taking a bullet during season four.
    Keeps people watching ....

Edit - I googled for the spoiler :P. It's the same article they ran from May this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    You mean like this one
    Mirror July 2013

Keeps people watching ....

No its plastered on front page. Shows a big character dead and his funeral

ricero wrote: »
    No its plastered on front page. Shows a big character dead and his funeral

That picture has been on the net of over two months now.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I have avoided all spoilers this year thank fcuk. Until 3 posts ago. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,627 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Brutal article, particulary the lazy accusation of the show becoming a simplistic game of "who'll whack who".

Article is spot on. The show is going nowhere. Circles. I still like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

deise08 wrote: »
    I have avoided all spoilers this year thank fcuk. Until 3 posts ago. :(
    That "spoiler" was from last year, was about season 4 and turned out to be nonsense.

You're still grand. The one in today's mirror has not been revealed here

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

he (as in the actor johnny ward ) reminds me of me as a younger man :)

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    That "spoiler" was from last year, was about season 4 and turned out to be nonsense.

You're still grand. The one in today's mirror has not been revealed here

Ha ha ha ha sorry. I just read the first sentence and thought crap!
    Ha ha
    my day is ok again now :)
    thanks peppa. :)
    on another note, there's a new Citroen ad using music 'white rabbit' that was used recently in love/hate. Had never heard it before but now every time I hear it I think of nidge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DynamiteC101

I have a feeling that Carolan's plan for this season is to have 3 slow moving episodes, and 3 explosive episodes. The first episode was a bit scattered; the second one was cutting edge drama at its finest. The third episode was a bit slow moving, so I expect Sunday night to be pretty big. Again, the 5th episode might be a bit of a comedown, before a big dramatic final episode. Just my guess.

Also, just remembered something there. Does anyone remember Nidge getting arrested in the warehouse at the end of season 4, when Moynihan and the gang cancelled the sting operation to save Tommy? It's been mentioned here before, but Detective Moynihan and Nidge engaged in a very suspicious staring game. It wasn't just a typical spiteful stare between a criminal and a garda, there seemed to be something personal going on.

Could they have been acquainted in the past somehow, or else a distant family relation sort of thing? My friend pointed this out to me so I'm just interested to see if anyone else noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

or else a distant family relation sort of thing? My friend pointed this out to me so I'm just interested to see if anyone else noticed.
    Moynihan is actually Nidge's biological father, sure you need only look at them ;)

I didn't realise that if you quoted a spoiler barcode, it would reveal the actual spoiler!!!!

Are you being serious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Big love/hate spoiler in todays Irish Mirror....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I have a feeling that Carolan's plan for this season is to have 3 slow moving episodes, and 3 explosive episodes. The first episode was a bit scattered; the second one was cutting edge drama at its finest. The third episode was a bit slow moving, so I expect Sunday night to be pretty big. Again, the 5th episode might be a bit of a comedown, before a big dramatic final episode. Just my guess.

Also, just remembered something there. Does anyone remember Nidge getting arrested in the warehouse at the end of season 4, when Moynihan and the gang cancelled the sting operation to save Tommy? It's been mentioned here before, but Detective Moynihan and Nidge engaged in a very suspicious staring game. It wasn't just a typical spiteful stare between a criminal and a garda, there seemed to be something personal going on.

Could they have been acquainted in the past somehow, or else a distant family relation sort of thing? My friend pointed this out to me so I'm just interested to see if anyone else noticed.

I think your probably reading too much into it with regard to nidge and moynihan. I hope the series picks up the pace tomorrow night. Last week's was just a filler. I really wish they'd lewve out the siobhan stuff, it's getting very boring and is lazy writing. Haven't seen an episode come close to season 3 yet.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Moynihan is actually Nidge's biological father, sure you need only look at them ;)

How come his real name is Brían F. O'Byrne then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Moynihan has done well for himself since getting out of Oz :pac:

lufties wrote: »
    I think your probably reading too much into it with regard to nidge and moynihan. I hope the series picks up the pace tomorrow night. Last week's was just a filler. I really wish they'd lewve out the siobhan stuff, it's getting very boring and is lazy writing. Haven't seen an episode come close to season 3 yet.

Episode 2 of this season was as good as any season 3 episode, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Episode 2 of this season was as good as any season 3 episode, in my opinion.

Yes, and episodes 1 and 3 are up there too. This season has the feel of season 3 I think and things will get very interesting tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Yes, and episodes 1 and 3 are up there too. This season has the feel of season 3 I think and things will get very interesting tomorrow I'd say.

Thats what we said last week, episode 2 was tense and gritty, but I think the story is lacking a lot. Lets be honest, it's been a bit meh so far.

• Advertisement

lufties wrote: »
    Thats what we said last week, episode 2 was tense and gritty, but I think the story is lacking a lot. Lets be honest, it's been a bit meh so far.

I have to disagree, I would say it has been decent so far overall. Not great, but definitely decent.

Episode 1: Introduced a lot of story line and was very scattered. The production was pretty bad at times - the back and forth from Spain scenes were a fail. Nevertheless, the episode had a strong ending.

Episode 2: Top class drama from start to finish - some terrific acting and a conclusion to a story line that was brewing in season 4. Episode 2 of this season would not have looked out of place in any American production.

Episode 3: A slow moving episode which left the viewer wondering if he/she was watching a motor-sport film due to all the driving around. There were a few exciting moments though and some very good production.

I'm not saying my review is the divine verdict, but I think it's a pretty fair analysis of the season so far. I just think that a fairer adjective for this season is 'decent' rather than 'meh'. I expect a big episode tomorrow though, or else it could start to look a bit meh.

Advertisement