Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Following [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

I don't get it - it's term I hear quite a bit and it makes less sense than a plot twist on The Following.

every actor plays an odd or unusual character at some point or another - most fictional characters are odd and unusual

hell most people are unusual

But character actors are the ones who repeatedly play odd or unusual characters. Slim Pickens, Strother Martin, Ron Perlman, Fred Ward, Michael Shannon, Kevin Bacon, William Fitchner, etc are all examples of character actors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

But character actors are the ones who repeatedly play odd or unusual characters. Slim Pickens, Strother Martin, Ron Perlman, Fred Ward, Michael Shannon, Kevin Bacon, William Fitchner, etc are all examples of character actors.

Daniel Day Lewis?

I'm dragging the thread off the point I think - the term "character actor" is nonsense** - an actor is an actor and all actors portray characters, it's kind of the whole point

** I'm not directing anything at your good self ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Am i missing something i half pays attention while watching it these days. But are the three people who are leading the FBI investigation a former FBI agent, a mentally unstable agent and a normal cop. How exactly are these people supposed to be leading the investigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shame Lily was killed off, she was interesting and had great chemistry with Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Its just so silly but yet i can't not watch it..

The way they just caught up with lily was really obvious, like she was just there to help fill out the remaining episodes

God only knows what twists they'll have for the last 2 episodes yet i can't wait to see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm half expecting Shawn Ashmore's twin Aaron to turn up next as a member of Joe's cult.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Am i missing something i half pays attention while watching it these days. But are the three people who are leading the FBI investigation a former FBI agent, a mentally unstable agent and a normal cop. How exactly are these people supposed to be leading the investigation.

yup;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Hardy is the worst FBI agent in the history of TV, he has got a load of FBI agents killed and maimed and even though the mole is gone and the whole world knows he is in charge of the manhunt he still has his apartment as his HQ

haha this is so true, and again last night's episode proved that. He has to be the most incompetent agent ever. How did he miss Joe? Sure wait until he goes higher up and further away is is behind a fence. Then giving himself up? What was the ultimate goal in that? Okay maybe he assumed correctly Joe didn't want him dead, but beyond that was there a point? He had to sit and watch the preachers son kill that woman because he is an idiot! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

watch The Blacklist - it is insanely clever, written and interesting - it is pretty much the opposite of The Following :rolleyes:

Its worse if not exactly the same with even worse acting! Gave up on it a long time ago. bacon is the only reason I am still watching this oh and claire of course!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

So................We are promised a "Shocking twist" in the finale.

Predictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Temaz wrote: »

Predictions?

Hardy dreamed it all in the shower!

Ipso wrote: »
    Hardy dreamed it all in the shower!

:pac::pac: that wouldnt surprise me!

Predictions?

Max is part of Joe's cult and she kills Claire for real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Max is part of Joe's cult and she kills Claire for real

I didn't miss her in the first half of the season and now she's back, her acting seems to have gotten worse. More akin to a daytime soap like Days Of Our Lives or some shít. Dat bítch is got to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Joe dies but Lily comes back with them having killed her identical twin sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

So Mike dies wtf?

Didn't it cut to black before saw anything?

But if Mike and Emma are both now gone the show won't be renewed and next week will be the show's finale I would guess.

Didn't it cut to black before saw anything?

But if Mike and Emma are both now gone the show won't be renewed and next week will be the show's finale I would guess.

Season 3 has got the go ahead.

• Advertisement

Season 3 has got the go ahead.

Really.. Ok not sure I can go past next week. I think that will be the end for me no matter what twist they throw at us next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ding Dong....

Great episode. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Can't believe this is going to a third series. Just finish it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

As bad an agent as Hardy is. Why would anyone follow Joe?

He is a buffoon. The worst villain in any show ever.

I hope he was shot in that cut to black final scene of that last episode. Surely he can't fake his death again (or just escape) and survive for season 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Has this show gotten any better.Havent touched it since the third episode of this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

This show is grand for a bit of brain filler, slightly above crappy reality TV like Storage Wars.

Spolier based on what I think will happen
    Next week will be the unlikely pairing of Joe and Ryan against the Twins that Dexter trained. Which will show us that Joe and Ryan are very similar. Good people can do bad things and bad people can do good things. Then Joe will run away.

• Advertisement

Staplor wrote: »

Spolier based on what I think will happen

Ya I can see that happening alrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Ya I can see that happening alrite.

That finish would make sense and has the main people acting in character. So not a hope in hell of that actually happening.

At times it's like they are just taking the piss but I'll keep watching until the end.

Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy are wonderful actors and I can't help but wonder what HBO could have done with the show.

Making it a more realistic and darker show etc etc

I hope Mike isn't dead

Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy are wonderful actors

James Purefoy, do ya think he is good?

I think he is brutal. Especially in this.

• Advertisement

Not a bad finale, but kind of fizzled out at the end.

So who thinks it was
    Matthew or John
    in the car at the end? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I don't, I think it may have been
    claire or carrie, leaning towards claire. How did the twins know to find her at the hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Thank god that's over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well that ended as I thought it would, still not sure about the car, there are limited suspects, but given the shows form it could be anyone dead or alive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Claire would make no sense she is not going to leave her son. But i presume with this show that makes it more likely it is her. Personally i was thinking it was Roderick.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Claire would make no sense she is not going to leave her son. But i presume with this show that makes it more likely it is her. Personally i was thinking it was Roderick.

Well it needs to be someone we really recognise, so either Roderick or a new dirty cop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭cena

How well season 3 play out.

It should be have finished up now.

I don't, I think it may have been
    claire or carrie, leaning towards claire. How did the twins know to find her at the hotel?

Carrie is a s good choice as she wasn't in Ryan apartment

Also maybe their dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wouldn't say it was Claire unless they're all really crazy, treating her the way they did with no one else around.

fcked up ending - why oh why did this get renewed!

• Advertisement

Maybe Carrie is their sister and they're actually triplets!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭SM01

6 episodes in and this is the biggest heap of smeg I've ever watched. Every episode has a gazillion 'why did they do that?' stupid moments. Ugh! And yeah, I probably will persevere and watch it all the way through to series 2 end.

Zuleikha Robinson is joining as the new girlfriend of Ryan

This has became my new back ground distraction for when I'm writing. It's the kind of show which plays better when half watched as you ignore most of the terrible writing and clichés. It also means that I can ignore much of the horrible and unnecessary violence which exists simply to be revelled in. I'm still struggling to see how so many characters are taken by Emma, she looks like a 10 year old boy and is amongst the most irritating characters on TV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it still going or have they canned it yet. I gave up on it after season 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭squonk

Likewise! Could barely stomach Season 1 and bailed once it was over. I was surprised to see an active thread. I thought it died after Season 2?

I'm only watching it as over the past weeks I've binged on Fring, Alphas and Awake and don't want another show ill get engrossed in. The Following is at heart a terrible B movie with a great central idea but no idea just what it wants to do with it. The idea of a cult of killers is open to endless possibilities but thus far, The Following has simply revelled in acts of grotesque violence. Great TV would examine just what drives these people, examine the affect the violence has on those involved and so on but here it's just used as a cheap tool to shock.

Season 3 teaser. Back in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭squonk

How this keeps getting renewed I'll never know! :)

• Advertisement

Bacon must be paying for it

Advertisement