Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow card in Liverpool Superthread.

Options
  • 30-10-2014 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭

M!ck^ posts this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92773954&postcount=8733
    This post is ridiculous, cash in on de-gea ffs

Nonsense
    I reply with http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92774077&postcount=8734
    Well if anyone would know about nonsense and ridiculous posts...
    M!ck^ responds with http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92774111&postcount=8735
    Go on..are you a man or a mouse.....typical post..on the wind up
    15 minutes after M!ck^'s second post he receives a yellow from Lord TSC for accusing me of being on the wind up. Lord TSC obviously didn't have a problem with my post as I didn't receive a warning.

17 HOURS later I get a yellow from dfx- accusing me of "Trolling".

Earlier in the year we had a feedback thread in the Soccer forum and the main problem everyone had was inconsistent modding...where's the consistency here? Why has 1 mod got no problem with my post but another does?

I think this is a very harsh yellow and for what it's worth I think M!ck^'s was harsh too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anybody?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One of the CMods will have a look at this when they get a chance. However given we're moving into the weekend (and I've certainly got stuff on over the next couple of days) and we are talking about a card rather than ban it may take a few days to check it out

Firstly though can you confirm whether you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

Thanks

Beasty wrote: »
    One of the CMods will have a look at this when they get a chance. However given we're moving into the weekend (and I've certainly got stuff on over the next couple of days) and we are talking about a card rather than ban it may take a few days to check it out

Firstly though can you confirm whether you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

Thanks

If it takes a few days that's grand. I understand people are busy. I just wasn't sure anyone had seen it so thanks for replying.

Yeah I PM'd dfx- and he said he didn't have a problem with me going to Dispute Resolution because he thought the card was fine. I disagree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hiya, sorry for the delay, I'll have a look into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I've been looking into the background on this, just to be clear - are you specifically questioning whether the card was deserved or are you questioning the mod consistency in how it was applied? :)

• Advertisement

Both tbh.

Thanks, I'll look into both aspects and get back to you.

Thank you.

OK. I've had a look at the posts in question.

They seem to me that you were attempting to raise some heckles there - at the least, what you posted was never going to do anything other than cause some aggro in the thread?

I'll come back to the inconsistent modding issue once I've looked into it but I'm not seeing how you think a yellow card is over the top here.

If there is something I've missed there , please let me know.

Fair enough.

I still think it's harsh but I can see where you're coming from there.

The modding of it was very strange tho.

Thanks for your time btw.

• Advertisement

Hi Kerrigooney,

From discussion with the mod and from reading their mod forum, from what I can see, this is what happened:

First mod looked at the thread, saw nothing actionable in his opinion so moved on.
    Second mod looked - said, hey! WTH! and thought a card was warranted.

Mods discussed it and agreed between themselves that card was warranted.

Card was given.

I don't see this as inconsistency in this case, it was consensus.

This was a post in the relevant mod forum which, for me, summed it up well:
    Some people moan about inconsistency, but the reality is that's an example of why we have a few mods and not just one. Different people look at posts in different ways, and as a group, we decided to card both posts. It's not inconsistency as much as it's an example of group action in progress.

I'm unable to find any fault in the moderation in this case so I'm upholding the decision.

You can of course ask for an admin to review this, please let me know. If not, can I mark this as resolved. Ta.

I don't see this as inconsistency in this case, it was consensus.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't want to take it any further.

Thanks for your time. Appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement