Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do people still iron in bulk?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Most clothes I have loose 90% of the wrinkles as soon as you wear them.

Most of the clothes I've ironed are 90% creased by the time I've got to wherever I'm going that sounded like it needed ironed clothes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I always make sure my clothes are well pressed.

There is nothing worse than looking at some gobdaw at work with a crinkled shirt and slobby appearance. It annoys me how it seems to have become the norm for people in the service industry to not bother ironing their clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

There's no incentive for people to maintain standards, really, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I leave my clothes at the Dry Cleaners to be ironed in bulk if that counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah I hate ironing, with a passion. Hate hate hate hate. So, usually on Sundays I iron the bare minimum, mostly just his clothes, but I do it altogether and have it done and then at least I don't have to lose the will to live anymore than once a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Don't iron. A quick spin in the dryer means trousers and shirts are nicely wrinkle free anyway.

Amazing, people's capacity for self delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Most of my clothes don't need to be ironed. I iron a pile of my husbands t-shirts every two weeks or so. He irons one work shirt every night for the next day. I don't understand that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All my clothes come out lovely and wrinkle free after a spin in the dryer. Maybe you just have a crap one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would turn on a movie and sit there doing all the ironing in one go once every 2 weeks or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

o1s1n wrote: »
    All my clothes come out lovely and wrinkle free after a spin in the dryer. Maybe you just have a crap one?

If by clothes you mean polyester tracksuits, then yes you are right and the other lad is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I do it for me mammy the odd time. Used to wreck my ****ing head as a teenager when she'd lob me a pile of ironing including vests, pillowcases, jeans etc. But somewhere along the way for some reason I started finding ironing a bit relaxing! Never bother with it for myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

wow, amazed at the amount of non ironers on here.

Nothing better than climbing into a bed with perfectly ironed sheets and duvet cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

The only time a man should be holding an iron is on a golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I HATE ironing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Would love one of those magic spin dryers.

I iron my shirts the night before. Hate it, but would hate the consequences of not doing more.

wow, amazed at the amount of non ironers on here.

Nothing better than climbing into a bed with perfectly ironed sheets and duvet cover.

Oh God, I'd never iron sheets and duvet covers myself. They go to the cleaners to be ironed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I Binge Iron once a week. Normally to coincide with the Football. So when she starts giving out for wasting my day in front of the TV I start waving the Iron at her :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just buy a new shirt if it gets wrinkled, toss the other one away.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

"I've always wondered what it would be like to wear an ironed shirt..."

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I don't iron unless something I want to wear is seriously creased which is rare. My mother doesn't even own an iron so I guess I wasn't set a very good example! I like the thought of freshly ironed sheets but I just can't be arsed with that.

My boyfriend irons everything before he wears them. Totally unnecessary. Even he draws the line at work shirts and leaves those in to the dry cleaners to be washed and ironed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Not really. A lot of our clothes are poly mix or nylon mix fabrics and non iron. Kids uniforms are perfect coming out of dryer. Neither Mr M or I work in suit and shirt/ formal dress environments so the square ironed shirt is not required. Thank goodness.

I couldn't give a fiddy whether other people iron their clothes or not, and don't understand how it can rank as an important point in people's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I outsource all my ironing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I only iron stuff that really needs ironing, like some shirts and work trousers. I absolutely hate ironing, so I do as little as possible.. maybe once a month? I'd never iron regular t-shirts or jeans or anything like that.

Why would you iron sheets and duvet covers, since a few people have brought this up?! I don't think it feels any nicer/fresher than if it's not been ironed? Just dry your stuff outside as much as possible and fold it right away and it won't be creased.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Oh God, I'd never iron sheets and duvet covers myself. They go to the cleaners to be ironed.

You send sheets and duvet covers to the cleaners to be ironed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I do it once every three weeks, and then only my work clothes or shirts. So that entails 15 tops and several pairs of trousers. It's nice seeing the mountain disappear.

mariaalice wrote: »
    You send sheets and duvet covers to the cleaners to be ironed!!!

Yep. Having said that, I never bothered with ironed sheets before I met my husband, but he always got them ironed and neither of us are going to do it ourselves so we pay for it to be done.

Advertisement