Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beckman coulter job?

Options
  • 29-10-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi,

just wondering if anyone works/worked for beckman coulter. Have an interview there next week. Are they considered a decent company to work for?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Are they not closing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

They announced redundancies a few weeks ago I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

They announced redundancies a few weeks ago I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Galway plant is closing - it's staged through to 2015 I think.

Tulla in Clare isn't, though.

AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

hi,

just wondering if anyone works/worked for beckman coulter. Have an interview there next week. Are they considered a decent company to work for?

Cheers

It's likely only a temp/limited contract as all the permanent jobs that are being kept are going to Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭dingdangdoo22

yes the interview will be for the clare plant, just thought i might get more feedback here

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not a Galway city issue >> Work&Jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

yes the interview will be for the clare plant, just thought i might get more feedback here

Regardless of how good (or bad) a company it is to work for, you'll get a bad reaction to it in a place where they are closing operations and (from the press reports) forcing some of them to move to a place that looks from the maps to be in the middle of nowhere.

Advertisement