Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for flaming

Options
  • 23-10-2014 3:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭

mod won't reverse decision so here goes. i got banned for this post in a thread that highlighted a case where a man got a harsher sentence than a woman for a lesser crime in this thread. see the OP for the backstory

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313037

"not surprising at all. women always get more lenient sentences. you won't see the feminists who campaign for "equality" making their voices heard over it."

i think this is a valid post. it's a personal opinion. the woman in question did get a more lenient sentence. the man got a harsher sentence. feminists do campaign for equality between the sexes and my observation is that they don't do this across the board for men and women. I cant cite one case where this was done and im sure the mod who banned me cant either. so my post was an opinion but based on fairly sound reasoning. i wasn't trying to "flame" at all. This was a reasoned opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Paddy1990.

You see reasoned opinion, the mod sees an attempt at low level trolling. A reasoned opinion is one formed when all the information has been processed and understood. You made a general comment off the back of a couple of paragraphs. Lets throw in "feminists" and "equality" and see who bites. We've seen it a million times before.

A quick look over your history tells me you have form. You seem to be doing the rounds. This is bread and butter stuff for the AH mods and it will not be tolerated.

I am tempted to remove your access on a more long term basis as I feel this is where the journey will end for you eventually and it will save the Mod team more work than it's worth.

However, I will stand over the original ban length and see how things develop on your return. Please proceed cautiously when that time comes.

You may have an Admin review my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I've reviewed this one. 1 week ban expires tomorrow; I would support it regardless.

Looking at the recent activity on this profile, I'm inclined to go straight to a siteban for any future engagements.

paddy1990 ... please consider your cards marked.

/thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement