Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok I want to APPEAL THIS MISUNDERSTANDING

Options
  • 16-10-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Originally Posted by Lucy and Harry View Post
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...77648437,d.ZGU Hold on Ebola is started by eating bushmeat?I am correct.

Quote:
    And as it has been during past Ebola outbreaks, bush meat is once again suspected to have been the bridge that caused the deadly disease to go from the animal world to the human one. All it takes is a single transmission event from animal to human — handling an uncooked bat with the virus, for example — to create an epidemic. Human-to-human contact then becomes the primary source of infection.

Oki doki. I was saying in a conspiracy theory thread you know conspiracys like Israel did the twin towers and aliens are among us and bankers are lizard people who own the world.So I say the well known conspiracy theory AIDS is created many years ago when our ancestors had sex with primates monkeys.And then said Ebola is from eating bushmeat.This is true and doctors say not to eat this meat as you can in fact get aids and ebola from meat from the jungle.So I got a warning for saying this and for causing hurt??WTF??HURT TO WHO MONKEYS?So I provide moderator the link and evidence that it is a fact people have eaten bush meat and have been told not to as Ebola is caught from it.So then the sexy moderator bans me?Why ban me for posting this post saying ebola is from bushmeat of infected animals.Its a fact.Google it.:p I would like this misunderstanding to be cleared diplomatically and peace fully today.Regards and thanks to the moderator who showed me how to appeal.

Moderator Note

Trolling and derailing thread.
    So saying ebola is from eating monkies (a fact) is trolling.And also in a conspiracy theory saying AIDS is from sex with primates (possible) is trolling>?And saying the movie planet of the apes has people thinking the same type consparacys that apes gave them illness that almost wiped them out is the same type mindset as this.Is trolling?How am I derailing.The thread was not derailed.I think ebola from bush meat is on the news and on topic.Saw it on tv last night too.Is it upsetting to think bushmeat may have aids and ebola in it or the fact some people are so poor they eat monkey brains from the bush>?This is real life.Reality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

ole in spread of diseases[edit]
    The transmission of highly variable retrovirus chains causes zoonotic diseases. Outbreaks of the Ebola virus in the Congo Basin and in Gabon in the 1990s have been associated with the butchering of apes and consumption of their meat.[8] Bushmeat hunters in Central Africa infected with the human T-lymphotropic virus were closely exposed to wild primates.[9] Results of research on wild chimpanzees in Cameroon indicate that they are naturally infected with the simian foamy virus and constitute a reservoir of HIV-1, a precursor of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) in humans.[10] There are several distinct strains of HIV, indicating that this cross-species transfer has occurred several times.[11]

Researchers have shown that HIV, the virus which causes AIDS, originated from a similar virus in primates called simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV); it is likely that HIV was initially transfered to humans after having come into contact with infected bushmeat.[12]

Animals used as bushmeat may also carry other diseases such as smallpox, chicken pox, tuberculosis, measles, rubella, rabies, yellow fever and yaws.[13] African squirrels (Heliosciurus, Funisciurus) have been implicated as reservoirs of the monkeypox virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.[14] The bubonic plague bacteria can transfer to humans when handling or eating prairie dogs.[15]

In many instances, catching the diseases mentioned above often occurs due to the cutting of the meat, in which animal blood, and other fluids may wind up on the people cutting it, thereby infecting them. Another way that people get infected is due to the fact that some portions of the meat may not be completely cooked. This often occurs due to the type of heating source employed: open fires over which the meat is simply hung.[16] Improper preparation of any infected animal is often fatal.[17]

In 2014, the fear of contracting the Ebola virus disease from bush meat led at least one major Nigerian newspaper to imply that eating dog meat was a healthy alternative.[18] The Ebola virus disease has been found in fruit bats, primates, pigs, and dogs. Domesticated animals can also be affected by bushmeat. Dogs that lived closest to an Ebola outbreak were more likely to have virus antigens demonstrating that they were at one point infected too.[citation needed]
    You can get AIDS and Ebola from bushmeat not trolling just scientific facts.This is from Wiki

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2352779%2FBestiality-brothels-spreading-Germany-campaigner-claims-abusers-sex-animals-lifestyle-choice.html&ei=wp8_VOjFIonB7AbPsIGIAg&usg=AFQjCNErpYbqwmusaJKQE6uVo10xkR6GgA&sig2=DXlcnqjv342cIC8SZh4ufQ&bvm=bv.77648437,d.ZGU

Here is evidence of beastiality in Germany.It is reality.Is anybody offended or trolled by the fact humans and animals are often intimate.So humans do have sex with animals so AIDS could be from eating bushmeat or in fact sex as I said in thread.Again facts are not trolling.I can get you a link where in some places Orangutans have been used in a sexual way and kept for sex.People have from animal rights groups had to rescue them.Again reality of the cruel world we live in.

“ Conspiracy theories exist in the realm of myth, where imaginations run wild, fears trump facts, and evidence is ignored. As a superpower, the United States is often cast as a villain in these dramas.
    SO IN A THREAD ABOUT CONSPIRACY THEORIES YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST WIDELY KNOWN THEORIES.MKAY.?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK L&H

I have reviewed the posts in question as well as the PM conversation.
    Your first post, where you received a Yellow (warning) card was justified, as the mod called out you posted in an inflammatory fashion and were correctly directed to the charter.

Your post:
    AIDS was started by having sex with monkeys in the jungle.Ebola was created by eating monkey bush meat.
    Basically let these primates go extinct before they take us down and we end up with Planet of the Apes for real.
    Just have a read of that again, the thread was discussing ebola and you threw in the AIDS and monkey sex angle, pretty low attempt at pulling the thread off topic, and the mod ruling it as trolling is a compliment. At the same time calling out to let these primates (of whose family we are a member) to go extinct is just crossing the line big time in terms of what is acceptable, under no CT hat can this be justified. As to using a fictional movie to justify your argument as above take the warning of trolling as a compliment.
    Also per your later link this "bush meat" source was a bat - not a monkey, bats are not primates.

And yet a short while later you reply back continuing on this same tactic or argument having already been warned by the mod to quit it. At least you dropped the movie justification. For this you received a one day ban. Ignoring mod instruction is not acceptable in any forum.

With this in mind I am going to support the 1 day ban, in all seriousness a one day ban is more than justified here, especially considering the PMs you then sent again harkening on again about Planet of the Apes. Look your ban is up tomorrow, might I suggest that before you are tempted to post again in CT to read the charter, spend some time on reviewing some of the threads and get a feel for what is acceptable there or not. Otherwise if you continue to post in this manner you are just going to end up getting yourself banned permanently.

Finally, please do not post in the ebola thread again in CT. Just consider that thread off limits but do please read and comply with the charter.
    If you cannot accept this please reply and we can ask an admin to review (chances are the ban will be lifted by then) - but that's your right.

Thanks
    Taltos

Also per your later link this "bush meat" source was a bat - not a monkey, bats are not primates.
    Are you telling me you do not kinow monkey meat is bush meat too?Do you want links to other bush meat?In 2014, the fear of contracting the Ebola virus disease from bush meat led at least one major Nigerian newspaper to imply that eating dog meat was a healthy alternative.The Ebola virus disease has been found in fruit bats, primates, pigs, and dogs. Domesticated animals can also be affected by bushmeat.
    Finally, please do not post in the ebola thread again in CT. Just consider that thread off limits but do please read and comply with the charter.
    Am I banned for the rest of my lifetime on this forum from talking about ebola.That is excessive punishment.I would get less for manslaughter.
    Basically let these primates go extinct before they take us down and we end up with Planet of the Apes for real.
    This is called humour.No one wants cute and cuddly monkies dead.Just the infected ones.Like dogs with rabies those infected have to be put down.
    Ignoring mod instruction is not acceptable in any forum.
    I did not ignore anybody I posted that people eat monkies in some parts of Africa and this is a fact health groups and doctors have asked people to stop eating bush meat as this is where ebola started.This is factual.Google it.Look up bushmeat and monkies.The mod said that it is wrong and i posted that no in fact monkey meat is bushmeat and the accepted cause of ebola.Are you denying this?Do you need me to source this if you are not aware of the facts.

Many conservation organizations have come together to address the bushmeat phenomenon through the formation of the Bushmeat Crisis Task Force, the mission of which is to build a public, professional and government constituency aimed at identifying and supporting solutions that effectively respond to the bushmeat crisis in Africa and around the world

Nomenclature[edit]
    Today the term bushmeat is commonly used for meat of terrestrial wild or feral mammals, killed for sustenance or commercial purposes throughout the humid tropics of the Americas, Asia, and Africa. To reflect the global nature of hunting of wild animals Resolution 2.64 of the IUCN General Assembly in Amman in October 2000 referred to wild meat rather than bushmeat. A more worldwide term is game. The term bushmeat crisis tends to be used to describe unsustainable hunting of often endangered wild mammals in West and Central Africa and the humid tropics, depending on interpretation. African hunting predates recorded history; by the 21st century it had become an international issue.[5]

The bushmeat trade refers to the sale of any wild or feral species, though Western sources tend to focus on the trade specifically involving great apes. Though some bushmeat hunters have been targeting gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos, and other primate species, great apes constitute less than 1% of bushmeat from all species sold on the market. The high rate of harvest, combined with habitat loss and alteration, has led to very severe population declines; if this trend is unchecked, extinction is likely.[6]

The issue of bushmeat hunting is highly politicized, with little support for the practice outside the forests where it is conducted and cities where it is sold. International efforts to stop it have been launched, especially in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.[citation needed]

In countries where ape hunting occurs, orphaned apes are deemed unable to survive on their own, but also deemed too small to be worth shooting and cutting up. They are instead raised and returned to the wild as part of these efforts.[citation needed]

In Cameroon, where gorilla populations are especially endangered, the Wildlife Protectors Fund launched an education campaign to teach children about Koko the gorilla, who is part of a long-term psychology experiment in an American research sanctuary.[citation needed]

Contributing factors[edit]

Bushmeat being prepared for cooking in Ghana, 2013.
    Logging concessions operated by companies in African forests have been closely linked to the bushmeat trade. Because they provide roads, trucks and other access to remote forests, they are the primary means for the transportation of hunters and meat between forests and urban centres. Some, including the Congolaise Industrielle du Bois (CIB) in the Republic of Congo, have partnered with governments and international conservation organizations to regulate the bushmeat trade within the concessions where they operate. Numerous solutions are needed; because each country has different circumstances, traditions and laws, no one solution will work in every location.[7]

Role in spread of diseases[edit]
    The transmission of highly variable retrovirus chains causes zoonotic diseases. Outbreaks of the Ebola virus in the Congo Basin and in Gabon in the 1990s have been associated with the butchering of apes and consumption of their meat.[8] Bushmeat hunters in Central Africa infected with the human T-lymphotropic virus were closely exposed to wild primates.[9] Results of research on wild chimpanzees in Cameroon indicate that they are naturally infected with the simian foamy virus and constitute a reservoir of HIV-1, a precursor of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) in humans.[10] There are several distinct strains of HIV, indicating that this cross-species transfer has occurred several times.[11]

Researchers have shown that HIV, the virus which causes AIDS, originated from a similar virus in primates called simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV); it is likely that HIV was initially transfered to humans after having come into contact with infected bushmeat.[12]

Animals used as bushmeat may also carry other diseases such as smallpox, chicken pox, tuberculosis, measles, rubella, rabies, yellow fever and yaws.[13] African squirrels (Heliosciurus, Funisciurus) have been implicated as reservoirs of the monkeypox virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.[14] The bubonic plague bacteria can transfer to humans when handling or eating prairie dogs.[15]

In many instances, catching the diseases mentioned above often occurs due to the cutting of the meat, in which animal blood, and other fluids may wind up on the people cutting it, thereby infecting them. Another way that people get infected is due to the fact that some portions of the meat may not be completely cooked. This often occurs due to the type of heating source employed: open fires over which the meat is simply hung.[16] Improper preparation of any infected animal is often fatal.[17]

In 2014, the fear of contracting the Ebola virus disease from bush meat led at least one major Nigerian newspaper to imply that eating dog meat was a healthy alternative.[18] The Ebola virus disease has been found in fruit bats, primates, pigs, and dogs. Domesticated animals can also be affected by bushmeat. Dogs that lived closest to an Ebola outbreak were more likely to have virus antigens demonstrating that they were at one point infected too.[citation needed]
    So me saying eating monkies and sex with them is in fact on topic and not derailing the thread.Ebola and Aids started in the same place.Fact.We are talking about this place in the thread.Where Ebola and other things are coming from.Now how can you talk about ebola without where and how it came to be???How can that be off topic..

reviewing some of the threads and get a feel for what is acceptable there or not
    I will do that as I have not read any rules.I assumed things were not overly strict.But alas they are.Conspiracy Theories surely me posting these theories in the thread was fine.

Regards

OK the robot in the machine said I am ok now lets put this down to experience and I'll read the rules.No point getting our knickers in a twist.
    All the best

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement