Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I hate deliberate mispronunciation of words..

City is not sissy, three is not free and Growth is not gross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

When she says yes the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Handy tip - look at the picture of the filling pump on the dash beside the low indicator. Which ever side the handle is on, that side is where the tank is ;-)

My friend told me that, it's untrue I'm afraid.

My last car was the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

cherry blossoms in bloom (Kent road in cork is lined on both sides and it's a joy to drive down it covered by a canope of pink)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I always wondered!!!
    I tried asking a friend but she thought I was thick
    "yes, that's the petrol indicator, it shows how much petrol you have"
    I...erm... nevermind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

bluewolf wrote: »
    I always wondered!!!
    I tried asking a friend but she thought I was thick
    "yes, that's the petrol indicator, it shows how much petrol you have"
    I...erm... nevermind

*spits out wine*

Blue that's priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Breaking the foil seal on the tube of sour cream and onion Pringles.
    Birdsong
    Kids not getting homework from school
    Buying new clothes (rare event)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

On cars with the petrol tank entry hole on the passenger side, there will be a little triangle, this is actually an arrow pointing to the other side to indicate where to fill from.

kia-fuel-tank-icon.jpg
    what-side-your-car-is-gas-tank-on-easy-trick-will-tell-you-every-time.w654.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

When digging the veg patch,the robin that lives in our garden joins me and perches
    barely even a foot away and i dig him up wormy treats...its a shared moment..:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sugary food and large mugs of tea when hungover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Wanted to get a taxi to get me from Templeogue at 9.15am to Busaras before 10 to have some time to buy snack from cafe before getting on the bus. No taxi available to hail so got Dublin Bus 15. Arrived with enough time to spare even to buy snack from cafe which I ate on the bus eireann bus. Also I saved on taxi fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Going to see a film in the afternoon and having the whole cinema to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

mauzo! wrote: »
    When I move in bed my OH always runs his hand up my thigh a few times.

I wait until he's back asleep and move, just to feel him doing it again :o he's probably wondering why he's waking up exhausted, me waking him up every 2 minutes!

I love rubbing my face off his bum when he's getting dressed for work or into his PJs!

Reading one of Mauzo's posts which doesn't involve something to do with her OH!

Just kidding :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

The satisfaction of a morning poo, straight after a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Warmth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Having only to use one firelighter to start the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Finishing a crossword

Painting my nails

When I scratch behind the dog's ears and he lets out a happy little sigh.. I swear he's like a little human sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The clicky sound made when you take your card out of the ATM

Finding a free space in a busy carpark straight away when other people have noticeably been circling around for ages.

Bubblewrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Aethan Dor wrote: »
    Waking up suddenly thinking it's just before alarm time but it's actually only 4am, another 2 hrs in bed, yay ! (Not nearly common enough)

Always preferred an uninterrupted sleep myself.

Finding a free space in a busy carpark straight away when other people have noticeably been circling around for ages.

Being able to read signs so you know know that it's actually ok to park there while everyone else drives by it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A long hot shower after work, and then getting into pyjamas and slippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Carbs, and chocolate. But I'm saying goodbye to carbs and chocolate tomorrow before I turn into a blimp, bye bye happiness:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

When a Dublin Bus of mine completes WITHOUT any muppett rooooting for change and/or rambling off a quiz of 20 questions. 1 in 5 journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

listening to my dogs snoring by the fire after their a long walk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I love:
    Coming home from work and my Dog and two kids being super excited to see me.

That rare, almost magical cup of tea that's the perfect strength, the perfect temperature where its really hot, but so perfect that you just neck the whole thing right on the edge of burning but not.

Chicken wings.

The fact that i got a really big shower installed and we shower together most nights.

Driving stupidly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Going for a walk, getting caught in a down pour of rain then get straight into a hot shower and snuggle up in front of the fire...great feeling!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Penn wrote: »
    Pausing a dvd and realising one of the actors was in the middle of a word or facial expression and look weird

Record some of Jamie Olivers programs and do it with the kids, memories for life!

The fact that i got a really big shower installed and we shower together most nights.

Like, you and the dog and the kids?

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭asteroth

Toasted rasher sandwiches.

But when you've timed the whole operation to perfection so that the kettle has boiled (not too early) giving just enough time for the tea to strengthen in the cup as the rashers are crisping and the whole thing comes together seamlessly.

The icing on the cake is when I cut the rasher sandwich in half and it cuts perfectly without the blade catching in the rind and dragging the rasher out from between the toast.

• Advertisement

Duvet forts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement