Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shipping car from Cork to Malta

• 30-10-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Anyone recommend a shipping company that will ship my car to Malta at a reasonable price?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Rawr

Might take a while, and not the answer you are looking for but:

You could drive from Ireland to Italy, and then take a car-ferry from there to Malta. It looks like there are a couple of operators, some going from Mainland Italy, and some from Sicily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Your not Denis O'Brien by any chance??? ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Why? I hope you're not selling it to somebody who contacted you online. These things are usually scams involving bogus bank drafts or money transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Used these guys to ship from Australia to Southampton.
    http://www.rjj-car-shipping.co.uk/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jesusaves

Tks for the replies, I'm shipping it because I'm going there myself, tks for the warning about scammers :)
    I sent an email to that link you gave me but not sure if they ship to Malta. Don't want to drive there did that already. Anymore shipping companies would be helpful! Tks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 GoWhest

If your planning on staying in Malta a year or more, You could buy a car over their and bring it back to Ireland without having to pay any VRT, if you move back. Not sure how much cars are over their compared to here but might be worth looking into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

RJJ deal with Wallenius Wilhemlsen, who have ships going everywhere.

Advertisement