Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

league trade dispute (non boards)

Options
  • 23-10-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭

I'm in an absolute mess at rb in another league. I approached the demarco murray owner and asked what it would take to get him. To my surprise he replied frank gore and a decent wr. I offered cooks and we settled on the following

gore and Jeffrey to him
    murray and white to me

Yes this is a steal but this lad has played fantasy before, and just doesn't trust murray to stay healthy. Great I got a bargain imo to save my season.

I get a message from league gm, who I play this week, saying wtf. The trade is unfair and he has highlighted it in our fb group to make sure people see it and veto it. The fact that he has highlighted it has obviously drawn more attention to the trade and people are now giving out that it is a bad trade and most will prob veto.

do you think that this trade should be vetoed? It may be a bad trade but there is no collusion, text of negotiations sent to gm. And in a 16 team league is essentially wr2 rb2 for rb1 wr3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

GM is bang out of order imo. If the other owner was happy to make the trade and you are happy with it, that's what counts. Funny what can spur GMs into action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

GM bang out of order. If both parties agree to the trade and are happy with it, it should go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Yes, agree. GM out of order. The trade is marginally better in one direction (it can be argued) but Murray is on pace for over 420 carries. That's likely not going to happen and he should slow as the season progresses.

So much depends on the make up of the two teams involved in the trade. If Murray owner is RB rich and WR poor, then it makes sense for both teams, and GM should have no input. Also, there is a rule that you try to sell high on players, and while I agree I (personally) would expect more in return for Murray, there is every chance this trade will prove more even over what remains of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

gm defo out of order.

did the trade go through in the end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya went through in the end. He got suppot initially but when reasons were conveyed it was just put down to a bad trade as opposed to collusion.

I'm absolutely sickened though. I lost the matchup in the end by .5 points. I took Ryan out for Bridgewater which would have won it for me but more so because Wilson (his QB) had two fumbles but lost 0 points. 1 he recovered and the 2nd was credited to the lineman :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement