Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European championship

Options
  • 24-10-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

No thread on this lads, I have to say a good standard so far today with Dolan being the stand out for me today, love to see him going on a good run.

Also the difference between sky and itv. Love the no bullsh*t way ITV cover the darts!.

They also just pointed out that barney said to expect something "new" tonight. He is last on against Whitlock. Chris Mason thinks it might be a neck brace so he won't drop the head :) ha..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Just a headsup that this is on SetantaIRL as well as ITV4.

Barney as 'speccy 4 eyes' later on apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Just a headsup that this is on SetantaIRL as well as ITV4.

Barney as 'speccy 4 eyes' later on apparently.

That will give him something else to moan about and blame when he cant be arsed trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Some big names out yesterday!

I usually really like Mason's commentery but to me he sounded a bit bitter/resentful yesterday, just seemed to be down on any of the top players or trying to make a "I told you so" type of comment :confused:

Maybe he just woke up on wrong side of the bed lol

Jenkins & Thornton starting off now, reckon it will be a cracker

PP offering evens on Jenks getting 4.5+ 180s :eek: he got 5 in a shorter game yesterday so I think its generous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Great game here between Klaasen and Caven. Klaasen gone into overdrive the last few legs.

Bunting beats Taylor 10-9 in the best match so far.
    Wide open with Lewis, Wade and Taylor gone, and MVG less than convincing.

• Advertisement

Given that its a big money event we've ended up with an interestingly 'different' lineup for the quarter finals this afternoon, kicking off at 1pm ITV4 and SetantaIRL.

Order of Play (Best of 19)
    1.Merv King v Klassen. (Best prices 4/6 5/4)
    2.Bunting v Jenkins. (4/9 2/1).
    3.MVG v Chisnail. (2/9 4/1).
    4.RVB v Wright. (Ev Ev).

Semis tonight will be 1v2 and 3v4.

Good fare for a Sunday afternoon buildup to MUFC Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice niner mvg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Poor old Jenkins, he had run out of steam by the time the final rolled around on Sunday, that and meeting a very in form opponent. MvG was fantastic as was Lewis when he stuffed him earlier in the year. He was only getting one dart at a finish in the odd leg and by then the pressure was on and they just weren't going in.

I get tired of ITV bringing up the lost TV finals. They can't say Jenkins name without mentioning it in the same sentence and if he progresses in the tournament then it becomes unbearable. He must hate doing interview knowing he'll be asked about it over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

getting sick of mvg winning
    its getting like taylor a few years back
    granted much stiffer compitition

great coverage on itv4 compared to skys hype

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

have to agree itv4 chric mason and alan warrionor ten times better than the usual sky sh1t its a pity they didnt show all the majors and not have to listen to mardle licking the players hole and talking pure dung

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Mardle is annoying alright...his psuedo excitement is really annoying.
    The lads on Itv get it just about right. Sky is too over the top and the BBC is a bit dull.

Theres another competition on ITV4 this weekend, probably doesn't need a new thread so will use this.

Unitbet Masters from Edinburgh, invite comp limited to T16 in the world.
    Decent prizemoney so everyone should be trying. Long format, all rounds minimum Best of 19 legs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Masters_(darts)#Draw

All 4 sessions Saturday and Sunday live on ITV4, whilst SetantaIRL show the afternoon sessions live and the evening sessions delayed coverage.

Advertisement