Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonoured or Just Cause 2

Options
  • 22-10-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am conisdering treating myself to a new game on pay day but I can't decide between dishonoured and Just Cause 2. Anyone want to help me out with this decision?

I know they are somewhat different in terms of weapons used, game mechanics, and storyline etc but I'm just looking for a game that I will get a good few hours out of, has original features and most importantly is fun to play.

So what should I buy guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You'll get more bites in the general games forum, which is where I've moved this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Just Cause 2 is GTA but more over the top. Very pretty, not terribly deep, mostly mindless carnage and good for dipping into after a long day and you just want to blow sh*t up in wildly improbable stylish ways.

Dishonoured I haven't played, but I've been told off many people it's generally a far more cerebral experience with plenty of stealth, subtle story bits, and planning your route and mission style, with many nods to games like Thief.Probably not for dipping into casually for an hour.

Which sounds more appealing to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Get both,

Dishonored is only new, and therefore highly priced,

You can get Dishonored for 30euro, and Just Cause 2 for 7euro
    I'm assuming you're on PC of course :P

https://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/Dishonored?id=112

http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/steam-keys/65-just-cause-2-cdkey-steam.html?a_aid=506ac00c41281

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I found Just cause very entertaining for a while but it is shallow and that becomes obvious pretty quickly. Despite being huge and seemingly having plenty to do it's essentially the same thing over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 5dolla12

Thanks for the advice guys. I think dishonoured will be the better choice for me as I am not too big a fan of GTA, and it seems to be quite similar. I was initially attracted by the idea of such an expanse area to roam around and explore but I don't like the sound of it vein repetitive.

I think I'll pick up dishonoured, sounds a little bit like hitman on steroids which sounds cool.

And to answer another question I'm on ps3.. Oh the shame.

Thanks again guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement