Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying a game (Old Amiga game)

Options
  • 12-10-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help here

It was a strategy game based on Asteroids, (Story was the world had been blown up, and humanity had settled on different asteroids) you had to mine minerals and build up a colony. After a while aliens would attack and you'd have to defend, you could also scout where the aliens were and mount attacks on them........sound familiar ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Sounds like K240 actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Actually, while we're at this I have one. Strategy game for - I think the Amiga. I remember little of the gameplay aside from it being a strategy of sorts, but the box-art had this 70s airbrushed sci-fi vibe and that the story was set in a fantasy world when colonies of people lived inside the bones and skeletons of long-dead gigantic creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Alpha Centauri?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,838 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Starflight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Frontier Elite?

Nah i know its not Frontier Elite, i just wanted to post this video

Mindblowing graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 33,101 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jez, how bad were those old games?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

NIMAN wrote: »
    Jez, how bad were those old games?:D

Better than most of the crap that passes for games these days

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Hmm I also have wondered what that game was called ,it was fantastically addictive ,was the word attack in the name? If its the game I was thinking of it had a soundtrack like a nuclear reactor ticking over ? Let me know name also so I can get it on a emulator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

gizmo wrote: »
    Sounds like K240 actually.

Thanks gizmo, that ws the one :D

• Advertisement

Frontier Elite?

Nah i know its not Frontier Elite, i just wanted to post this video

Mindblowing graphics

If only they did an updated version for modern consoles/gaming rigs. Would be such an incredible game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Bring back the original Sensible Soccer I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can anyone help here

It was a strategy game based on Asteroids, (Story was the world had been blown up, and humanity had settled on different asteroids) you had to mine minerals and build up a colony. After a while aliens would attack and you'd have to defend, you could also scout where the aliens were and mount attacks on them........sound familiar ?

As was already suggested, sounds like K240.

Was remade / sequalised for PC a few years later as Fragile Allegiance, which is up on GOG if you're feeling nostalgic.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fragile_allegiance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

If only they did an updated version for modern consoles/gaming rigs. Would be such an incredible game.

Galaxy on Fire 2 works well on a nexus 7 tablet or ipad. I think there's a PC version now as well on steam but it's a dumbed-down version of frontier to be honest which might suit tablets but could be too simplistic on a PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Niska wrote: »
    As was already suggested, sounds like K240.

Was remade / sequalised for PC a few years later as Fragile Allegiance, which is up on GOG if you're feeling nostalgic.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fragile_allegiance

Fragile Allegiance is still available? I freaking loved that game. Oh, why is payday so far away? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Could it be Supremacy ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

We've already established it was K240 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Ooops my bad :o sorry, although Supremacy was pretty damn good too :D

Ooops my bad :o sorry, although Supremacy was pretty damn good too :D
    It sure was: http://remix.kwed.org/?search_id=4811

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bring back zool

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Bring back zool
    Quite sad that I'm actually posting this: http://www.amigaremix.com/remixes/search/daxx%20feat%20gibs (Zool borrowed the Lotus 3 music)

Advertisement