Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road at back of coonagh shopping centre blocked off

Options
  • 30-10-2014 11:55am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Driving by this morning, I saw that where the caravans are, just off the roundabout, have been blocked off by concrete bollards. Sprayed shoddily with some yellow paint. Doesn't seem to be reflective. Anyone know if these are legit? Seems very unsafe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't blame them either way. It's a Private road not a campsite and the road is quite unnecessary at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

County council emailed back, nothing to do with them. Owners of the shopping centre I suppose. Unless the travellers are blocking it off themselves? The caravans are inside the bollards, so it's not exactly effective at keeping them out. Maybe making it a bit more inconvenient to get out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Anti nidge barriers.

Advertisement