Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini Drum Kit Player Wanted

• 28-10-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I'm part of a 3 three piece acoustic covers band...semi acoustic guitar, electric bass & cajon box. Playing the box with lead vocals and throw in moments of harmonica too, I'm finding it a bit much. I'd like to substitute the box for perhaps a mini drum kit (or a good cajon box player) and let myself concentrate on vocals. We haven't decided this move for certain as a band but I wanted to see if there was any mini drum kit players that found them affective on the pub scene.
    All suggestions are welcome...thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 mapex14

Where are you based Sonny and whats the age group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sonny77

We're based and gig in Kildare and Dublin but we travel anywhere within reason. We're in our late 20's/30's. Just to clarify why I'm looking for a smaller drum setup; we don't want a big kit sound, we like to keep the sound quite honest and not stray too far from the sound we achieved with the cajon.
    Are you playing yourself these days?

Just throwing this out there have you ever used a stomp box or the likes.I know where ur comming from with the sound aspect of things,maybe the likes of a bass drum hats and snare and a small crash/ride cymbal could suit

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sonny77

Yeah that's pretty much what I had in mind, a basic neat set up but one that would be even more affective than just cajon. Plus I'm thinking with myself on vocals I can then bring other instruments like tambourine, congas, ukulele, etc...
    Is this a setup you'd be interested in playing with man? Like I said, this has to be properly discussed as a band, it's something we're strongly thinking about but we thought it was no harm in checking what was out there.

Yea man i wouldnt mind having a proper chat about it Im in Portarlington so not to far away,Pm me ur number and Ill buzz you over the weekend if you like

• Advertisement
Advertisement