Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 transfers

• 25-10-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭

Well
    What are you all doing this week? After last weeks saga I think I'll just do Fabianski to either Krul or Foster. I'll free up 0.5m which might be needed to get Sanchez in soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A bit early to be thinking about it yet but am looking at possibly getting Eriksen or Hazard in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Right now, I haven't any transfers I want to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All about wether to stick with Siggy or not for me.

Chadli,Diame,Downing among the candidates to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭G1032

Right now, I haven't any transfers I want to make.

I can't say that I have any pressing need to make a transfer. I might even leave the Fabianski to Foster until next week as it's purely a money saving exercise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Siggy's on the chopping block for me. Tough fixtures. No obvious candidates to replace him tho, possibly Barkley.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was planning on Tadic to Walcott soon, but don't know if I can ignore Sakho anymore, great run of fixtures coming up.
    Thinking Welbeck to Sakho.

Will then free up funds for Siggy to Walcott in a week or two and keep Tadic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Right now I'm thinking Sterling out, Sanchez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

tom_k wrote: »

Thinking the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Sanchez would be nice but I can't really afford him. If I went ADM --> Sanchez and Jagielka to maybe Rose, sure, but otherwise it's not happening. I'll have a think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

probably get rid of mannone, best choice keeper for 5.3 max?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

I have just done it , i guess i wont be the only one before the weekend is out so i might make some money too. I was planning on bringing welbeck in for ulloa, due to arsenals nice upcoming fixtures anyway but i figure i can give ulloa another couple of weeks and also have arsenal cover by making this transfer. diego costa may be the next name on transfers out , depends on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm 0.1 of a mil short for it.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm 0.1 of a mil short for it.

before sunday you might be 0.2 or 0.3 short due to his price increasing, what ya reckon, right move to do that transfer now?? i usually wouldnt transfer this early but felt myself it was a good call

before sunday you might be 0.2 or 0.3 short due to his price increasing, what ya reckon, right move to do that transfer now?? i usually wouldnt transfer this early but felt myself it was a good call

I think I'll hold off on it myself. If I had the cash to do it I would go ahead now.

Arsenal play Burnley next week. I expect to go Duff to Chembers myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Have enough to do Sterling --> Sanchez which I probably will do. Had Sanchez earlier in the season but got rid for Ramsey!

Need to get rid of Mannone too so will likely take a 4 point hit, good chance he'll be dropped now. Will only be able to afford a 4.5m replacement so will have to look at the options.

May actually get rid off my 4m goalie and bring in Jakupovic. Anybody know what the story with Harper and McGregor is? Likely to return soon? FPL website has McGregor returing on Nov 22 but it's not always the most reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm playing the WC and don't let me talk myself out of it. But it'll be tomorrow at least before I play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Thinking of taking a 4 point hit.

Terry, Sterling, Naismith out
    Wisdom, Sanchez, Sakho in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm 0.1 short of doing ADM to Sanchez. Waiting all week last week deciding on whether to bring in Baines and Tadic cost me 0.2 extra.

Sanchez would be great to have but I'm probably not going to take a hit to get him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

gonna have to resist Sanchez as it will involve selling wellbeck so makes no sense
    pva to chambers probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

km79 wrote: »
    gonna have to resist Sanchez as it will involve selling wellbeck so makes no sense
    pva to chambers probably

Same conundrum as myself. Might do welbeck to sakho and eriksen to sanchez but welbeck looked like he could get in the points as much as anyone today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jive wrote: »
    Same conundrum as myself. Might do welbeck to sakho and eriksen to sanchez but welbeck looked like he could get in the points as much as anyone today

He would have had 2-3 assists if Santi had his shooting boots on.

jive wrote: »

I would not be selling eriksen
    in fact you have given me an idea that would leave me with wellbeck and Sanchez next week :D
    must resist .....

PARlance wrote: »
    He would have had 2-3 assists if Santi had his shooting boots on.

Yeah Sanchez missed one off a Welbeck assist too. Hard to look past Sanchez at the minute but he was not looking so great a few weeks ago. Won't be making any moves until I see what happens tomorrow anyway...if Hazard gets injured or something it'll make the decision a lot easier as I can just do a straight swap

Did walcott play any minutes today?? I can see arsene starting him next week, an ideal match to bed him back into the team at home to burnley... Arsenal could be a whole new animal with this kind of line up.

Flamini/Arteta Wilshere

Walcott Ramsey Sanchez

Welbeck

Did walcott play any minutes today?? I can see arsene starting him next week, an ideal match to bed him back into the team at home to burnley... Arsenal could be a whole new animal with this kind of line up.

Flamini/Arteta Wilshere

Walcott Ramsey Sanchez

Welbeck

Nah didn't get any game time. Think he played 90 with the U21s during the week in a 0-0 against Blackburn. More than likely he will come on and get 30 mins or so next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sterling, Wilson and Siggy (if injured) out
    Sanchez, Chambers and a 4.8 mid in
    Worth it?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sterling, Wilson and Siggy (if injured) out
    Sanchez, Chambers and a 4.8 mid in
    Worth it?

Sterling injured today??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sterling injured today??

No Siggy,sorry!

Had changed my mind on Siggy but this injury is not what I wanted as it forces my hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Siggy(if he's injured) -> Diame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cork in for Siggy. gives me the money for Baines in for Moreno

Jakupovic looks like he might get game time for a few weeks?

Contemplating Krul -> Jakupovic, Siggy -> Oscar (depending on injury status). Will leave me with 0.0 itb

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Cork in for Siggy. gives me the money for Baines in for Moreno

Wouldn't appeal to me at all but obviously does to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Short. 1to do sterling to sanchez, cannot decide if it is worth taking Di Maria or fabregas out for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

That injury to Siggy has just scuppered my 2 FT plans

Tadic & Welbeck to Sanchez & Sakho

Should I just go ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I was already planning to sit Siggy on my bench next week since I can start Baines, Clyne, Bertrand, and Chambers. Sterling is most likely going out, maybe to Theo? Only have 0.6m ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Have exactly enough for ADM to Sanchez.

The good news is he's very far from rising now so should be ok for tonight. Even tomorrow? Maybe not... But at least we'll have the info from tomorrow's games.

Siggy getting injured for some time could actually be a blessing in disguise for my team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gonna go Siggy to Overtan who is 4.4m.

Then Quinn to Diame the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Siggy's injury may well ruin my plans of silva to hazard this week. Looking at siggy to chadli if siggy is out.

have enough for siggy to barkley but I really don't want to sell him.
    he has 3 bad fixtures but then 2 home games..... if he starts dropping quick though......just noticed tadics fixtures turn stink gw13 when siggys turn nice again......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    That injury to Siggy has just scuppered my 2 FT plans

Tadic & Welbeck to Sanchez & Sakho

Should I just go ahead?

Pulled the trigger !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Probably Sig out, maybe Barkley in, depending on tomorrow

Few options. Going to wait till tomorrow to decide.

Tempted to give Sterling another chance.... but they've 2 early games in the next 2 GWs and early games are so last week :)

It's time to start thinking about making some moves to get Costa back for GW12, so the plan (that never works out) is to bank this weeks transfer and carry it over for GW12

GW 11
    Sterling -> Chadli

GW12
    Sanchez -> Walcott
    Welbeck -> Costa

Have 0.2 to spare so I can take a couple of drops from Sterling... wouldn't say no to a few more drops from Costa and a Sanchez rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Terry probable price drop is forcing my hand... Annoying to drop him ahead of a home game vs QPR though... I'm very tempted to play my WC though so could always bring back a Chelsea def if I feel like it.

It may be time to use the WC. Defense needs rearrangement. A plan for Costa's return needs to be put in place. And midfield could well need some freshening up (Sterling, Siggy, ADM are droppable candidates). And second keeper could be downgraded. Forster being 1st.

What do you think?

Here's my current team.
    349ccd4.jpg

Can't really see a massive need for a WC there tbh.
    You've got a front three in form or with good fixtures.
    You've the old template midfield...they haven't turned poor overnight.
    And I wouldn't get rid of Terry just because he's dropping.

The following 3 transfers would ensure that you've still about 1m in the bank.
    Shawcross -> Chambers (I'd probably do that now) Bank 2.4
    Then you could do something like
    Sterling -> Chadli (Bank around 4.6m)
    Welbeck -> Costa (Bank around 1m)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,423 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »

It's time to start thinking about making some moves to get Costa back for GW12,

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger !!!
    Sakho down as injured now 75% chance of playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sword1 wrote: »
    Sakho down as injured now 75% chance of playing
    Dont worry bout that, I watched the game, looked like a concussion, not a chance he'll miss a game

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Dont worry bout that, I watched the game, looked like a concussion, not a chance he'll miss a game

Big Sam mentioned a shoulder injury in his press conference. Someone tweeted journalist Ben Dinnery about it this morning and he said this:

"Assessed in hospital last night - should know more 24/48 hours".

A tweet also from David Gold:

@davidgold: “@WHU_PSSV: @davidgold how is sakho please answer
    I'm worried, we will know better after the scan on Monday. dg

• Advertisement
Advertisement