Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lords of the Fallen [PS4/XB1/PC]

Options
  • 10-02-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I had heard the name Lords of the Fallen before as a game to look out for on the PS4/XB1 and PC but today the first gameplay footage was shown. I think it looks really promising. I like a good action-RPG and this one looks like it could fit the bill nicely.

In the article I read it was compared to Zelda, Darksiders and Dark Souls. The Dark Souls comparison scares me a little but if the game is like Darksiders (the first one) then that is good enough for me.

Apparently aiming for an Autumn release.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

congrats
    you won the first thread race of naming this game by 2 minutes :D well done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    congrats
    you won the first thread race of naming this game by 2 minutes :D well done

Phew! Just made it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Had me at Darksiders. Still hoping to one day get my Part 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitely looks more Darksiders than Dark Souls. More action oriented, which is fine. I loved Darksiders as well. Will keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

That looks good.

Is darksiders(pc) decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

returnNull wrote: »
    That looks good.

Is darksiders(pc) decent?

Yeah , it plays very well.
    I had no issues at all, no bugs or glaring control issues ( was using a wired 360 pad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This one flew under my radar until today, the gameplay in the OP looks very interesting indeed.

The combat looks quite similar to dark souls, and in that trailer they do seem to be touting a degree of difficulty with the learn from defeat line.

I read ... can't find it now .. that the devs had said it won't be an easy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

calex71 wrote: »

The combat looks quite similar to dark souls, and in that trailer they do seem to be touting a degree of difficulty with the learn from defeat line.

I read ... can't find it now .. that the devs had said it won't be an easy game.

The this gets compared to Dark Souls the more my interest drops.

The this gets compared to Dark Souls the more my interest drops.

I'm the exact opposite :pac:

The do mention that in one of the videos, but say its a little more arcade than dark souls, but like zelda in terms of exploration.

What I took from it in terms of dark souls-ness was the locking on and circling the enemy , the character had a shield and sword , the rolling to evade and the stamina bar that depletes while attacking and evading and you need to back off a few seconds for it to recharge.

They did also half mention a save point in the video which was a red glowing thing, but without knowing if it uses a checkpoint system or not it may or may not be like the bonfires in dark souls too.

Either way from the few videos I watched this really ticks a lot of boxes for me.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like a Dark Souls clone to me, which could be a very good thing if it's a good clone in my book. Will keep me occupied until Dark Souls 3 shows up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Definitely more of Dark Souls clone than other games, just the movement of the character, the way they hold the weapons and attack, strafing and backstepping. It's honestly too early to tell, but so far it looks pretty meh. Action-orientated Dark Souls clone sounds BAD in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good article from Eurogamer on this, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-29-lords-of-the-fallen-dont-you-call-it-dark-souls, it seems like a mix between a Souls game and Darksiders, has my interest though unless it ends up being like Bound by Flame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Xenji wrote: »
    Good article from Eurogamer on this, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-29-lords-of-the-fallen-dont-you-call-it-dark-souls, it seems like a mix between a Souls game and Darksiders, has my interest though unless it ends up being like Bound by Flame.

Had never heard of this game before, consider me interested. Of course the delivery could be terrible but will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »

October is going to be an expensive month with The Evil Within, Dragon Age 3 and DriveClub coming out also.

New trailer but with little new shown but cool soundtrack, this is rapidly becoming THE game I want this year, It's looking like dark souls with more........ soul?

Only 2 weeks till its release and have not really heard anymore about the game, anyone else planning on picking it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I am. Really like the look and everything I hear about it, which makes it sound like a more accessible version of Dark Souls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only 2 weeks till its release and have not really heard anymore about the game, anyone else planning on picking it up?

Have pre ordered with amazon

• Advertisement

Was going to post a similar post this morning and got distracted :o

Heres an hour of gameplay, shows in games menus and upgrade menus

I really want this to be good, it's getting released during a busy window for releases but it interests me a hell of a lot more than some of those releases so day one based on everything I've seen so far.

The music is also sounding pretty cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

calex71 wrote: »
    I really want this to be good, it's getting released during a busy window for releases but it interests me a hell of a lot more than some of those releases so day one based on everything I've seen so far.
    Aye, same here. I'm quietly optimistic this works out well. Even if it's a solid if not spectacular game I'll be happy. Keeping hype levels in the green so I don't scream when I hear the usual wait for a sale type comments. :pac:

gizmo wrote: »
    Aye, same here. I'm quietly optimistic this works out well. Even if it's a solid if not spectacular game I'll be happy. Keeping hype levels in the green so I don't scream when I hear the usual wait for a sale type comments. :pac:

I am the same, I have had more fun with a game like The Summoner sometimes than I have had with the likes of Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Seems decent enough but id much rather play Dragon Age 3 instead, which is probably why this game isn't getting much attention.

Also a Summoner fan :eek: Probably in my top 15 games of all time. Summoner 2 not so good, but enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

looks dark soulsy which has me very interested, also looks like you have a set character which could lead to having a decent story in the game which if done right with the gameplay/difficulty of ds could be amazing, but like all games these days, i aint getting my hopes up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Did anybody catch the twitch livestream? The game looks good. It seems cleverer than dark souls which will probably make it easier too. Things like being able to cancel a long attack animation is a welcome addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Kirby wrote: »
    Did anybody catch the twitch livestream? The game looks good. It seems cleverer than dark souls which will probably make it easier too. Things like being able to cancel a long attack animation is a welcome addition.

i watched a bit, from Lobos Jr , the whole five hours are here

Out next week. Looks promising, but I will wait for a few reviews or peoples reaction before buying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'll take a look at reviews before getting it. EpicNameBro has a preview up too where he's fairly critical but fair on the preview he's played.
    He's slow at getting videos up so I'll keep an eye on his twitter feed next week to see if he's positive about it.

Anything I've seen from the devs on this seems to be very straight up and honest about what it is they are delivering, which is pretty refreshing these days, so I have high hopes for this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got an email from amazon saying it was pushed back a week.

Advertisement