Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Meglamonia wrote: »

This says a lot to me :

We touched a little bit, of course, on next year's project, but mainly on that (United) game

Shows that we are already looking at next year and that more than likely AVB will be part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What do we reckon for Everton away on Saturday??

JT is still out so do we go with Cahill/Luiz or Cahill/Ivanovic?

If we go with a similar system like the one we deployed against Utd would Luiz be better off next to Meireles/Essien in CM?

So many possibilities really, I dont think we need to highlight how important a victory against Everton is and it will be like the Swansea game IMO, we will have to be at our best to get something and I hope its 3 points.

Seen this on SSN last night, looks to be one for the future.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7493857/Chelsea-snap-up-Christensen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

lol the comment below it

lol the comment below it

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

gavredking wrote: »
    :confused:

This one..
    steve says February 7, 2012 3:10pm

dont worry mate,youll end up on loan in holland for the next decade like half of our reserves and never be seen again.

^

So true. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It would be funny if it wasn't true. :(

According to a couple of sources Arsenal wsnt Danny Sturridge. Funny that they went from been linked with Kalou to Sturridge. :rolleyes::p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Football finance expert Andersred has created a blog on the results.

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2012/02/income-up-costs-down-chelsea-getting-in.html

They seem to be very positive results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Blatter wrote: »
    Football finance expert Andersred has created a blog on the results.

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2012/02/income-up-costs-down-chelsea-getting-in.html

They seem to be very positive results.

Ahem "and when the squad needs a significant overhaul" :eek:

100-200 mill should do it, thats alright... isnt it?

(Excluding wages!)

(Excluding wages!)

Well assembling a new squad under the F.F.P. is going to be very difficult. We have to play and rely on more youngsters which is a good thing.

Modern day transfers of £25-30 Million will be few and far between with the new F.F.P. but thats just my opinion.

I think any business we do in the summer will be the last big spend by Roman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well assembling a new squad under the F.F.P. is going to be very difficult. We have to play and rely on more youngsters which is a good thing.

Modern day transfers of £25-30 Million will be few and far between with the new F.F.P. but thats just my opinion.

I think any business we do in the summer will be the last big spend by Roman.

Do you really think the F.F.P will be effective? I know as an Arsenal fan id be dleighted to see it happen :o, but I just cant see UEFA going out and placing severe punishments like banning from Champions League on the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United etc they hold far to much power within football. Look at Citys ridicilous new sponsorship hey seem to have got away with that.

Do you really think the F.F.P will be effective? I know as an Arsenal fan id be dleighted to see it happen :o, but I just cant see UEFA going out and placing severe punishments like banning from Champions League on the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United etc they hold far to much power within football. Look at Citys ridicilous new sponsorship hey seem to have got away with that.

Arsenal are very comfortable regarding the FFP. Ye have a very enviable position in that sense.

I think UEFA's stance on the discicpline side is to give a team a warning the first time they dont adhere to the FFP and then they have 2 years to meet the criteria.

Personally I dont see UEFA banning a top team liek you mentioned but I hope they at least take a hard line stance on it.

Football needs tighter control on the finance side and this will make all the European leagues more competitive and bring the sides onto a more level playing field.

UEFA said they would look at any renaming deal or sponsorship deal that a sugar daddy maybe behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

(Excluding wages!)

When the likes of Drogba, Malouda, Kalou, Ferreira are offloaded there will be plenty of money freed up through wages. There will be additional money to spend in the Summer anyhow.

I can see Chelsea spending in and around 80m in the Summer on new players and getting rid of most of the ones mentioned above.

The three clubs you mentioned there are all massively in favour of FFP. Why wouldn't they be? They make far more revenue than any other club. FFP puts them at an advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The three clubs you mentioned there are all massively in favour of FFP. Why wouldn't they be? They make far more revenue than any other club. FFP puts them at an advantage.

Yes I do realise they have massive revenue but I thought part of the F.F.P rules were also against clubs having massive debts? By the sound of it im wrong its just about revenue versus expenditure is it?

When the likes of Drogba, Malouda, Kalou, Ferreira are offloaded there will be plenty of money freed up through wages. There will be additional money to spend in the Summer anyhow.

I can see Chelsea spending in and around 80m in the Summer on new players and getting rid of most of the ones mentioned above.

Agreed, Drogba alone will free up over £5 million a year in wages.

I think we'll spend big but it will still have to be spent wisely.

Agreed.

If we want to become more competitive in terms of the FFP and making money we have to market the club better and a move to a 55-60,000 seater stadium would help also revenue in the long term.

There just basic suggestions, Stamford Bridge wont be re-developed at this stage, the council wont allow it and our best option is to sell the ground and move but the CPO are VERY relcutant to leave Stamford Bridge.

Its going to be an interesting 5 years or so when we first see the FFP come in and see how it pans out and effects clubs.

Yes I do realise they have maive revenue but I thought part of the F.F.P rules were also against clubs having massive debts? By the sound of it im wrong its just about revenue versus expenditure is it?

I think Blatter actually had a very good, and detailed article on it here a few pages back, I'll try get the link.

If I remember correctly its revenue over expenditure, but I stand to be corrected.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

According to a couple of sources Arsenal wsnt Danny Sturridge. Funny that they went from been linked with Kalou to Sturridge. :rolleyes::p
    Yeah I can see Arsenal coming in with a £40m bid and £200,000 a week wage offer any day now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chelsea will do themselves a lot of good financially, if they choose to hold onto their managers a bit longer :eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/08/chelsea-accounts-villas-boas-ancelotti

greendom wrote: »
    Chelsea will do themselves a lot of good financially, if they choose to hold onto their managers a bit longer :eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/08/chelsea-accounts-villas-boas-ancelotti

Agreed, yet it seems we will be keeping the most inexperienced and unsuccessful one we have ever had under Roman, for at least one more season (4th spot god willing!)

Go figure?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Interesting article.

A bit of accounting gobbledegook in there. Torres 'amortisation' is not a matter of a million or so in a given year. It's a big whack of money Chelsea could have spent better elsewhere. Or not spent at all!!

Yeah I can see Arsenal coming in with a £40m bid and £200,000 a week wage offer any day now

Im a big Danny Sturridge fan but hes nowhere near worth that money.

Sure hes on around £45K a week so a double your money deal and maybe £20Million and ye'd get him I reckon, but that being said I cant see us selling him anytime soon.

Capello resigning couold be good for us.
    • Harry takes over the England job.
    • Spurs fall apart
    • Chelsea captailise
    :pac:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2098630/Chelsea-plan-50million-Falcao.html

Chelsea are planning a raid for Atlectico Madrid striker Falcao and could use Fernando Torres as part of the deal for the Colombian.

The Blues have been sent club representatives to watch the 25-year-old for the last three months and the move is being pushed forward by manager Andre Villas-Boas who managed the player at Porto.

The Stamford Bridge

The Spaniard has managed three league goals since his move south and could view a return home as the best way to rediscover his form.

Falcao has had no such problem since moving from Portugal to La Liga side Atletico last summer: he scored 62 goals in 72 games following his move to Europe from River Plate in 2009.

He bagged 33 in 36 outings under Villas-Boas last season, including 17 in 14 Europa League games for winners Porto to set a new European scoring record.

And he has picked up where he left off last year with another 17 goals in 25 games for Atletico.

Capello resigning couold be good for us.
    • Harry takes over the England job.
    • Spurs fall apart
    • Chelsea captailise
    :pac:

This plus 1000! You beat me to it

JT's cunning plan to make sure we qualify!

Plsu I might actually watch some england games now as they might actually play something approcachign football instead of huffing and puffing

This plus 1000! You beat me to it

JT's cunning plan to make sure we qualify!

Plsu I might actually watch some england games now as they might actually play something approcachign football instead of huffing and puffing

Well its very wishful thinking at the moment that Harry would walk out on Spurs and with oonly 3 months left in the season he might take the England job now and resign from Spurs when the season is done.

Hopefully he walks soon though, that would really upset the whole structure of the club.

Hahaha, lazy journalism or the whiff of truth?
    I smell BS!

talkSPORT understands Andre Villas-Boas has two games to save his job at Chelsea.
    The Blues boss has had a mixed start to his time at Stamford Bridge with the club fighting for a Champions League place, rather than for the title.
    The Portuguese took over from Carlo Ancelotti at the start of the season after the Italian had won the Premier League and the FA Cup during his two year spell at the club.
    And insiders at the club have claimed that the upcoming matches against Everton and Bolton will be pivotal for the survival of the former Porto man.
    Chelsea are understood to be keeping tabs on former England manager Fabio Capello, who left his post on Wednesday, if Villas-Boas is shown the door.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1535/39/exclusive-villas-boas-has-two-games-save-chelsea-career

• Advertisement

Hahaha, lazy journalism or the whiff of truth?
    I smell BS!

talkSPORT understands Andre Villas-Boas has two games to save his job at Chelsea.
    The Blues boss has had a mixed start to his time at Stamford Bridge with the club fighting for a Champions League place, rather than for the title.
    The Portuguese took over from Carlo Ancelotti at the start of the season after the Italian had won the Premier League and the FA Cup during his two year spell at the club.
    And insiders at the club have claimed that the upcoming matches against Everton and Bolton will be pivotal for the survival of the former Porto man.
    Chelsea are understood to be keeping tabs on former England manager Fabio Capello, who left his post on Wednesday, if Villas-Boas is shown the door.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1535/39/exclusive-villas-boas-has-two-games-save-chelsea-career

How many rolleyes can I give this, lets start :
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats all i'm allowee use........anyway.......

If AVB is sacked after 2 games and then replaced by Capello of all people I will be very shocked.

Cant see it happening in my wildest nightmares.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement