Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem connecting to Hikvision IP camera

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 riskavarian

Ok so i hooked up a separate 12v power to the camera. The IR lights go on when I cover the camera so the camera is now getting power. But I cant get connect to the camera. Any ideas how i solve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ok so i hooked up a separate 12v power to the camera. The IR lights go on when I cover the camera so the camera is now getting power. But I cant get connect to the camera. Any ideas how i solve this?
    What's your setup and what have you tried?

TheChizler wrote: »

I tried to connect using SADP. This couldnt identify any devices.

All other details of set are in above thread.
    upc horizon modem. Ethernet cable wired from back of router to camera. 12v power plugged straight into camera. Then using wifi on laptop to try connect via SADP.

TheChizler wrote: »

upc horizon modem. Ethernet cable wired from back of router to camera. 12v power plugged straight into camera. Then using wifi on laptop to try connect via SADP.

Is the power supply capable of supplying at least 600 mA?

I presume you're using the UPC modem in home networking mode as the router so, allocating IP addresses via DHCP. Does the camera show up on the DHCP list? If it does can you ping it?

Is uPnP enabled on the Horizon box?

The default DHCP range of the UPC box is in the 192.168.192.x subnet, the default IP of the camera is 192.168.1.64. Try manually configuring the Ethernet interface of your laptop to an address on this subnet and connecting directly to the camera. You should be able to directly connect to the camera web interface via the above IP address in a browser. If you can connect, change the camera IP to something in the same range as the UPC box and try connecting indirectly again.

• Advertisement

"The default DHCP range of the UPC box is in the 192.168.192.x subnet, the default IP of the camera is 192.168.1.64. Try manually configuring the Ethernet interface of your laptop to an address on this subnet and connecting directly to the camera."

Can you give an example of how I would do this? By ethernet interface do you mean the SADP software interface or something else?

On the SADP interface I have tried changing default camera ip 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.192.76 for example.
    I used the gateway on my wirelesss connection which is 192.168.xxx.x

I keep getting a failed to change settings id.001 error on the SADP software when i try to do this.

Any other ideas?

"The default DHCP range of the UPC box is in the 192.168.192.x subnet, the default IP of the camera is 192.168.1.64. Try manually configuring the Ethernet interface of your laptop to an address on this subnet and connecting directly to the camera."

I can now see device on sadp. using a 12v power adapter.

Can you give an example of how I would do this? By ethernet interface do you mean the SADP software interface or something else?

On the SADP interface I have tried changing default camera ip 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.192.76 for example.

I keep getting a failed to change settings id.001 error on the SADP software when i try to do this.

Any other ideas?

I can now see device on sadp. using a 12v power adapter.

Any other ideas?
    If you're able to see it with the application they supply then don't worry about changing laptop interfaces, that was just a way around using their software.

Did you check the specs of the power adapter? What current can it supply?

No. i can check power spec later.

The IR lights come on when i cover the lens. So its getting some power.

Could it be that it is not getting sufficient power in order to change the ip address of the camera?

Would you recommend using winpcap?

No. i can check power spec later.

The IR lights come on when i cover the lens. So its getting some power.

Could it be that it is not getting sufficient power in order to change the ip address of the camera?

Would you recommend using winpcap?
    From Googling around it seems that's caused similar problems in the past. The lights could come on while the electronics might be struggling. Making sure it's powered properly would be the first thing on the checklist.

If the power supply is fine, you can change the IP address of your (presumably Windows?) laptop by right clicking on the network connection icon in the bottom right corner > Network and Sharing Centre > Local Area Connection > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 > Use the following IP address, and just put in some address on the same subnet as the camera, the mask is most likely 255.255.255.0. You can ignore the rest and click ok a few times. To undo follow the same process and click the obtain IP and DNS address automatically buttons.

You can then enter the camera IP address into a browser and manage the camera via the web interface, bypassing SADP.

I've never used winpcap alone, normally Wireshark or Ixia.

• Advertisement

Ok so I got a TP LINK switch. Connected this to my router and the the poe to my camera. Powered up and after fighting with the address of the ip camera eventually got it set up.

Set up motion detection email alerts etc. Very happy with quality.

Then I went to fire the camera up this morning and I couldnt get poe!! Poe port wasnt lighting up and camera was not getting power - could not see IR when covered lens. Anyone know what happended here? Is camera fried? Solutions?

What kind of switch is it? Have you tried other ports? What happens if you power it directly again with the adapter?

TP LINK. 4 ports poe. 4 ports data. I tried other ports.

When i put port into laptop the poe powers up. So it looks like its camera related.

I will try the power adapter later.

Is there a delay on poe getting to the camera usually?

TP LINK. 4 ports poe. 4 ports data. I tried other ports.

When i put port into laptop the poe powers up. So it looks like its camera related.

I will try the power adapter later.

Is there a delay on poe getting to the camera usually?

And what model number? If it's a managed switch you could check out the stats and narrow down the problem.

Advertisement