Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What club/society did you join?

• 24-09-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Since today was clubs day and yesterday was societies day, I was wondering what clubs/societies everybody joined.

Me, I joined darts :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I was severely hungover and stayed in bed all dayDidn't get time to head down. Is there anything I can do ? I really want to join soccer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

You can just find out when there first training is and turn uP??
    Start a new thread asking for the date/time and head on down.

Joined the rowing club (will try and stick it),,, and plan on going to the first philosoph.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

Well i joined a few. the swimming club, which i found out meets at 7 in the morning so erm, yeah might scrath that one off. then the dance club.. hip hop hre i come. athletics club, only cos my friend did.. the equestrian club and the ladies football which clashes with the equestrain so there goes the football!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Atheist Soc, Cowpunchers, Dramat, less than the million i signed up to in Freshers but feck it! :pac:

Missed Clubs Day due to excessive drinking. The irony is not lost on me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

YFG!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I signed up for the German and Drama (:/) societies, and yesterday I signed up for the Olympic Handball club.

Dissapointingly, there was no cycling club, so I'm gonna try and start one on the coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

JSK 252 wrote: »
    YFG!:)

I forgot to sign up to them. Did you get any freebies on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Larkin91 wrote: »
    I forgot to sign up to them. Did you get any freebies on the day?

Probably a picture of that murderous ba***rd Collins. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Nova_era wrote: »
    I signed up for the German and Drama (:/) societies, and yesterday I signed up for the Olympic Handball club.

Dissapointingly, there was no cycling club, so I'm gonna try and start one on the coming weeks.

there was a cycling club set up last year, I play ultimate with the guy who set it up, I'm not sure if he's still running it, obvioulsy there was no stall so that's not a good sign,. but he'd have good advice I'm sure if you want it, I can PM details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I joined Netsoc, physics and genetics on societies day and I joined fencing, badminton and dance (I want to do ballroom or salsa!) on clubs day. I'm going to be pretty busy if I go to them all!

• Advertisement

Probably a picture of that murderous ba***rd Collins. :mad:

yeah he kept on falling over! We were saying it was another Beal na Blath! :P Apologies to all the YFG crowd, they can take a joke well :)

And to Fuascailt I apologise again for stupid drunken posting here! Check your PM :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

yeah he kept on falling over! We were saying it was another Beal na Blath! :P A

:D Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

there was a cycling club set up last year, I play ultimate with the guy who set it up, I'm not sure if he's still running it, obvioulsy there was no stall so that's not a good sign,. but he'd have good advice I'm sure if you want it, I can PM details.

Thanks a lot mate, that'd be fantastic. :)
    Apologies to all the YFG crowd, they can take a joke well
    Obviously they can, or else they would'nt be in YFG. :)

Obviously they can, or else they would'nt be in YFG. :)

Touche sir/madame!

Ah I like the UCC pol soc scene... ya can rip the ****e of each other in debates etc and then be singing together in the mardyke later (like Sinn Fein and Fianna Fail)! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

PhySoc (contractual obligation! :P)

Think I put my name down for UCC Express, PhotoSoc, MathSoc and LGBT aswell. I'll probably go to a few Philosoph things but forgot to put my name down Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 J.Lethal

yesterday I signed up for the Olympic Handball club.
    I wanted to sign up for the Olympic Handball club but didn't have the time.Will you let me know if you find out about trainning times etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I missed the day for signing up cos i was sick:(

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I missed the day for signing up cos i was sick:(

This is the index of societies, if you see any that interest you just send them an e-mail about their next meeting or event and I'm sure they'l be happy to oblige for an interested potential new member :)

Also there's a description of them all the in the Soc Guild magazine, think its available in the Accomodation Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

The Law Society and FALC/FLAC (?)...the one that does the free legal advice! Not sure which one I'll stick with...both seemed nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

I joined Journalism, Comedy, Live Music, Capriccio, Netsoc, Macra and something else too i think haha ill be busy!!

Also setting up a Rovers club so cant wait for that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement