Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech digidialer send sms

Options
  • 22-03-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi all,
    I have an existing aritech CS350 alarm. I decided to fit a didgi dailer, looked straight forward. It has turned out to be a minature disater. I have it wired, and connected to telephone line. It will not send texts messages, it will ring me, but silence, even when I tried connecting telephone to the dailer I still can not leave a message. At the moment even when I set the alarm I now get a call to my mobile. There is a clicking in the dialer and also a red led.Its a TD8812 V1.5.7. Can any one help me..any info appreciate, I would just like it to leave me a text at this stage as phoning me as I am wearing thin. Ideally if some one has a set of recommended setting, I have the manual, no use to me...!! Thank you in advance.

Maximus
    :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Check your Private messages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

maximus22 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have an existing aritech CS350 alarm. I decided to fit a didgi dailer, looked straight forward. It has turned out to be a minature disater. I have it wired, and connected to telephone line. It will not send texts messages, it will ring me, but silence, even when I tried connecting telephone to the dailer I still can not leave a message. At the moment even when I set the alarm I now get a call to my mobile. There is a clicking in the dialer and also a red led.Its a TD8812 V1.5.7. Can any one help me..any info appreciate, I would just like it to leave me a text at this stage as phoning me as I am wearing thin. Ideally if some one has a set of recommended setting, I have the manual, no use to me...!! Thank you in advance.

Maximus
    :cool:

Hi maximus,

This device is used to connect your alarm to a monitoring station not send texts to your phone. You need a aritech RD 5045N voice module to get a voice message. The Gardtec Speech Dialler may be used for communicating speech messages for this alarm system. The unit may be programmed with up to four telephone numbers. It is a lot easier to program plus fit than the aritech RD 5045N and TD8812.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 maximus22

Thank you Altor,
    but I can not return the one I have...so need to get it to do some thing... even just ring me once. At the moment it rings every time alarm is switched on....for no reason. Here is more info below if you care to read..

Here is wiring manual, see page 9. If you are familiar with wiring maybe you can see some issue, if not np.
    http://rikain.com/Manuals/Intruder_a...rogramming.pdf
    The wiring that may be wrong and causing me confusion is terminations on Digi dialler no.’s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 1 , 2 and M. M is for a mikephone so I have not connected (not an issue)
    1,2,3,4, appear to connect 7,8,9, and 10 in CS350 (that’s fine) , next, 5,6,7,8 appear from drawing to be linked out..continous loop which finally loops with terminal B -ive on the Digit Dialler.
    From the drawing it shows 5,6,7, and 8 as switches which are in parallel but is this internally in the Dialler or do I need to wire these terminal points to outputs? ( i.e. out puts on CS350 control panel).
    Next terminals 1 and 2, terminal one on Digi appears to connect directly into terminal 19 on CS350, is this correct? And finally terminal 2 on Dialler looks like it connects into A+ ive on dialler ?
    To clarify.

CS350 PANLE DIALER
    to terminal No. 1 below (where 1 is also connected to no.11)
    D
    C
    B -ive (also linked with 5,6,7,8 below)
    A +ive (also linked with No. 2 below)

2 (terminal 2 linked with A +ive above)
    [5
    [6 Linked these out with terminal B-ive (above)
    [7
    [8

Rgds
    Maximus

Hi maximus,

The device you have is for ringing a monitoring station. It will keep ringing you till it gets a handshake. You need to buy a aritech RD 5045N voice module that plugs onto the TD8812 you have to get it to work. If you Google the aritech RD 5045N voice module you will know what i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 maximus22

Altor,
    okay so if I stick in when I get a phone call, I can basically here a message and acknowledge it.... sounds like the answer.

Thanks I will price one

Rgds
    Maximus
    altor wrote: »
    Hi maximus,

The device you have is for ringing a monitoring station. It will keep ringing you till it gets a handshake. You need to buy a aritech RD 5045N voice module that plugs onto the TD8812 you have to get it to work. If you Google the aritech RD 5045N voice module you will know what i mean.

• Advertisement

maximus22 wrote: »
    Altor,
    okay so if I stick in when I get a phone call, I can basically here a message and acknowledge it.... sounds like the answer.

Thanks I will price one

Rgds
    Maximus

Yes, thats correct. You will need to set up messages on the RD 5045N voice module. It would of worked out cheaper to get the gerdtec speech dialer. Its alot easier to program and fit also. Try price both units, it is not easy to program the aritech voice dialer.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Hi Maximus,

Did you get the system working ?
    I have same set up not working.
    Dials and delivers message using test feature, but when alarm activates, it doesn't dial until you enter the code on keypad to de-activate.
    Any help welcome.

Thanks, Freddy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you engineer access freddy99.
    If its sending the voice message during a test only then you need to check the report options.

Hi KoolKid,
    Sorry for the delay. I have full engineer access as I installed myself. It's wired as per install diagram, with Cs35 o/p's 8-11 connected to 8812 i/p's 4-1. Cs305 o/p20 (digifault) connected to 8812 o/p 1. 8812 pins 5-8 left un connected and also 8812 o/p 2 left unconnected.
    If I use test dial function on keypad connected to 8812, then system dials mobile and delivers a message.
    The problem is the dialler will dial mobile every time that the system disarm code is entered whether the alarm has been activated or not. It will not dial if there is an alarm activation.
    I expect that I have either missed someting in the wiring, or it is something to do with polarity of cs350 o/ps or 8812 i/ps programming.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you KoolKid.

regards, freddy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you programmed voice message & address.
    Have you checked the report options?
    Have you programmed a dummy A/C number?

• Advertisement

Thanks Koolkid,

Using the 8812.
    Have you programmed voice message & address..Yes programmed messages 1,2 and 5 (burglar alarm, Tamper alarm, address info)

Have you checked the report options?..Not sure about this. I have linked the messages to events using message selection.

Have you programmed a dummy A/C number? I just have my mobile number listed under central station 1. I have it set to report Alternate.

Does thsi help ?

Regards, freddy

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

my digi dialeer has gone crazy it now sends private message and screaching sound any idea was working ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Phone lines don't support texts any more so it might be something to do with that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thread moved.

tangoman wrote: »
    my digi dialeer has gone crazy it now sends private message and screaching sound any idea was working ok thanks

The lines dont support text using the Eircom/Eir text server as it was discontinued in June.
    An alternative is to use either HKC or G4Ss text option over the landline using the installed digi.

was working perfect up to 2 weeks ago

tangoman wrote: »
    was working perfect up to 2 weeks ago

The official date for turn off was June.
    You were one of the lucky ones :D

it is a HKC DIGI

what can i do

The HKC digi will connect to either service.
    For setting up the HKC text you can do so here.

With G4S you will need an installer to do same for you.

• Advertisement

I fitted and wired the alarm system with your help few years ago.

What is G4S.

I was only using eircom for my alarm no phone so now waste of money.

How much does HKC Cost a month.

Can I set it up myself.

What if I change to UPC or another provider

Thanks Jason

G4S are Group 4 Security who offer various monitoring and security options.
    HKC are a manufacturer who have recently branched into this form of monitoring.
    Both offer chargeable options for self monitoring.
    There are many other options available for self monitoring. I would recommend shopping around before committing to annual or monthly subscriptions.

I just want texts sent to my phone as before with eircom not monitoring

In the long run a GSM dialler or an upgrade to an IP system will be cheaper.

altor wrote: »
    The HKC digi will connect to either service.
    For setting up the HKC text you can do so here.

With G4S you will need an installer to do same for you.

which is best a gsm or internet provider and how much they cost is there a monthly charge thanks

For GSM on your own PRE Pay SIM use Vodafone or Meteor.
    If you are using IP with a newer panel monitoring , alerts & remote access would be free and would just be using your existing data packages for your home & mobile connections.

would i have to change my panel for IP,and would i get alerts on my phone and computer,how does that work what do i have to install extra on my panel
    would that be better than a gsm,
    do i remove my old digi dialler card and install a different one.

Using say Siemens it would be a panel and keypad upgrade.
    Notifications are by email. You can also be notified of network failures in 3 minutes.

I dont want to upgrade my panel what about hkc
    how does a IP system work what do i need for that

• Advertisement

You can use HKC for the text service. There are subscription charges this. For text alerts you can use a generic text dialler and supply your own sim card.

Advertisement