Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home security CCTV system

Options
  • 06-10-2015 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I'm looking for advice from homeowners or knowledgeable experts who have installed domestic CCTV. I'm looking to contract a reputable 3rd party to install a small set up of maybe 4 external HD cameras and 2 internal. Ideally I'd like to record to hard drive and be able to access via an iOS device. Record on motion would be good also. Is there any vendor that you'd recommend along with ballpark costs? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Everything you are looking for is all standard features these days. I'd recommend looking at an IP system. Look up the psa website and get a few quotes from installers. They will give you a full written quotation and specification. Ensure that you compare like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GDP

Thanks KoolKid, appreciate the feedback. I guess I was trying to save a bit of time by obtaining recommendations for vendors that other homeowners had used. The PSA site has a lot of vendors so it's a bit daunting to pick without references. Is it ok within the rules of boards.ie to reach out in this way? Cheers
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Everything you are looking for is all standard features these days. I'd recommend looking at an IP system. Look up the psa website and get a few quotes from installers. They will give you a full written quotation and specification. Ensure that you compare like with like.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Search your area and start from there would be my advice. Ask around as well most of the work in this industry is by referral.

Advertisement