Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jumping ship

• 30-10-2011 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I started a new job in July. It's a start up company that are struggling a bit now. They don't pay us on time (a few days late) keep changing Suppliers and not paying them, asked some employees to take temporary voluntary pay cut etc etc

I'm loping to jump ship. I signed a one year contract and need to give 4 weeks notice.

They have such a bad record of not paying Suppliers etc I would be afraid that they wouldn't pay me my last months wages. Where would I stand if they did that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

monkey8 wrote: »
    I started a new job in July. It's a start up company that are struggling a bit now. They don't pay us on time (a few days late) keep changing Suppliers and not paying them, asked some employees to take temporary voluntary pay cut etc etc

I'm loping to jump ship. I signed a one year contract and need to give 4 weeks notice.

They have such a bad record of not paying Suppliers etc I would be afraid that they wouldn't pay me my last months wages. Where would I stand if they did that?

They would have to pay you. If the company went into liquidation you would be a secured debt. Regardless, they will have to pay you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Le King wrote: »
    They would have to pay you. If the company went into liquidation you would be a secured debt. Regardless, they will have to pay you.

This would not be a secured debt, it would be a preferential debt. It would only be paid after all higher priority debts had been paid. Any remaining available money would be divided amongst that whole class of creditors.
    A walk out immediately after getting paid is the only sure way of avoiding not being paid for the last month.

Advertisement