Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone VF845 Joy

Options
  • 31-08-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭

ANyone have this phone or used it much?

it any good?

I know the battery life is poor, but anyone know anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole myself, just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭event

Inquitus wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole myself, just my 2c.

have you used it?

Could you shed some more light on why not?

event wrote: »
    have you used it?

Could you shed some more light on why not?

Screens too small, not enough RAM, underpowered, not able to give you a decent Android experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

event wrote: »
    ANyone have this phone or used it much?

it any good?

I know the battery life is poor, but anyone know anything else?

Well it is no Desire, thats for sure but it can be improved on.
    I bought one on a whim (mainly for use as a training tracking device) and it is not great in stock form.
    However, I rooted it and stuck a custom rom on it which improved the performance a lot and it now looks better, I think the rom has copied the HTC sense. Also, it can be unlocked for €10 online ( i bought mine from vodafone but wanted to use the cheapest data package I could find which is 3 ireland at €5 per month.
    one other thing the battery life is not great but using widets to easily switch of data gps wifi etc it improves it a bit.

cheers lads

this is €120, are there any other better android phones for the same price?

on vodafone or sim free

• Advertisement

You can get the Samsung Galaxy for 129.99 online from Voda on their lowest monthly tariff.

samsunggalaxys.jpg

needs to be PAYG unfortunately

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You check on eBay for phones at that price?

hadnt even thought of that, or adverts for some reason

ill check em now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

only 60 euro now, worth a punt at that price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

where did u get the custom rom ...new to android would u have any tips ? :)

ISOT wrote: »
    However, I rooted it and stuck a custom rom on it which improved the performance a lot and it now looks better.

where could i get the custom rom ?...new to android so any tips would be helpful :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741643 just bought the phone and finshed doing this myself.

weeder wrote: »
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741643 just bought the phone and finshed doing this myself.

Thanks il check it out soon as I get the phone ;)

have this installed and it runs brilliantly, im stuck though, once i went to this rom i cannot install anything from the marketplace it is telling me not enough free space, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Is there anyway to stop all data services on this phone. Something's been eating into my credit a lot, and i can't figure out which application is doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

christo82 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to stop all data services on this phone. Something's been eating into my credit a lot, and i can't figure out which application is doing it.

If you delete/edit the APN no data can be used. Settings- Wireless & Networks- Mobile Networks- APN. Probably best to just add a letter to the APN. This makes it easy to get working again when needed.

settings>wireless and networks>>mobile networks, untick "data service"

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Thanks guys. I've done that now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Guys sorry to dig up this old thread, but how long does the battery last on that with wifi on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Guys sorry to dig up this old thread, but how long does the battery last on that with wifi on?
    I got 8 hrs 22 mins before it wanted recharging

wifi, open GP (GPS) and bluetooth on much of the time

I got 8 hrs 22 mins before it wanted recharging

wifi, open GP (GPS) and bluetooth on much of the time

Thats around the same time as the iTouch with WiFi on then, thanks a million

Em sorry again, but is the standby time really 32 hours?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kipperkidd

Any recommendations for online unlock facility for vf845 in ireland
    ISOT wrote: »
    Well it is no Desire, thats for sure but it can be improved on.
    I bought one on a whim (mainly for use as a training tracking device) and it is not great in stock form.
    However, I rooted it and stuck a custom rom on it which improved the performance a lot and it now looks better, I think the rom has copied the HTC sense. Also, it can be unlocked for €10 online ( i bought mine from vodafone but wanted to use the cheapest data package I could find which is 3 ireland at €5 per month.
    one other thing the battery life is not great but using widets to easily switch of data gps wifi etc it improves it a bit.

Advertisement