Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think I'm screwed...till monday anyway!!!!

• 26-09-2009 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Long story short... logged onto a computer in boole library on thurs. It appeared to freeze, waited a good few mins, still nothingg happening so I switched this computer off.

Moved to another computer and checked emails etc which was fine and logged out.

This morning I randomly find myself on my laptop on student registration and it says I have changed my module/subject to joint honours geography or something liike that and i owe ucc around 5 grand!! :eek::eek:

I think someone must have switched on the first computer in the boole with me still logged on and tried changing their own course, not realizing it was actually me!!

I am in such a panic! I'm studying dentistry and afraid they'll kick me out or something. I can't contact ucc till monday.

Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

If you weren't logged in to your student portal, they can change anything as far as I know.

Also, even if you wanted to, I don't think it's that easy to change from dent to arts!

It could be some system glitch. You should email the IT people ASAP.

Call the fees and the admissions people on Monday.

I hope you get this sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

You sure?

Every students "student administration" page will say "Joint Honours GEOGRAPHY - Problem now fixed ". In student registration, then confirmation of registration it will say your actual course. The red text only concerns geography ppl.

Also.. In student enquiry, then financial statement we all owe over 5 grand i think and thats the governments part in the fees.

I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My page says that too, and I'm still all registered up for my modules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

You sure?

Every students "student administration" page will say "Joint Honours GEOGRAPHY - Problem now fixed ". In student registration, then confirmation of registration it will say youre actual course. The red text only concerns geography ppl.

Also.. In student enquiry, then financial statement we all owe over 5 grand i think and thats the governments part in the fees.

I think

Thanks so much for replying guys. I was so worked up earlier!

I really appreciate you for explaining to me that the red text only applies to the geography people!

Thankfully, I'm still gonna be a dentist!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Haha easy mistake to make,I was kinda thinking the same! :)

I know UCC are broke but you'd think they'd invest in a better and more clear student login account,tis fairly confusing IMO :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement