Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upc Broadband, Phone & TV

• 30-06-2015 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hi all,

2 weeks ago I got a call from UPc letting me know I was on an old broadband and Phone package.

I was offered a new horizon box to replace my Cisco box and 300 mins of phone credit (any network)

I was surprised when I was told that the monthly change would drop from €44.99 a month to €25.94. This includes ebilling and self service credits.

The kick was getting the horizon box in was clearly a way to get me into TV as well as they new I was on sky. The agent tried valiantly to get me to sign up for a premium TV pack at a reduced charge but I told her that I wasn't convinced of the quality of the Horizon TV service (largely down to what I've seen on boards.ie).

What happened next was interesting, she agreed to give me free TV for 12 months along with my 120Mb Broadband and 300 any network minutes all for the €25 a month.

At the end of the 12 months I can continue with just the broadband and the phone, add the TV if I'm happy with it or cancel all together.

Basically if I want now I can cancel my sky and get everything for €25. At the end of the year o could hop back to sky on a better offer if there was one available or just stick with UPC on no contract and see what offer they have.

All in all a good deal in my book!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

There is another thread on here where myself and others recently got 120mb broadband, unlimited calls (mobiles and landlines) 400 mins abroad, horizon tv for €25 per month. Existing customers get a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I gave them a call there and got offered the Horizon, 120MB BB and Unlimited calls but for 12 months on an 18 month contract with it raising to €80 pm after 12 months.

Is your contract definitely only 12 months?

groom wrote: »
    I gave them a call there and got offered the Horizon, 120MB BB and Unlimited calls but for 12 months on an 18 month contract with it raising to €80 pm after 12 months.

Is your contract definitely only 12 months?

Yes existing customers only get 12 month contract. New customers get a 18 month contract. It's in the small print on their ad for the deal on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Millem wrote: »
    Yes existing customers only get 12 month contract. New customers get a 18 month contract. It's in the small print on their ad for the deal on their site

Hi, can you please post a link to that offer? with the 12 months contract

Hi, can you please post a link to that offer? with the 12 months contract

This is the link to the thread where I got deal
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057443403

• Advertisement

If you read the bottom under general terms and conditions...it says 18 month contract for new customers otherwise a 12 month contract applies.
    http://www.upc.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/
    I got the middle deal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I input my info as an existing customer and I'm told it will cost €80?

I input my info as an existing customer and I'm told it will cost €80?

Yes you need to ring them! If you read the thread loads of us got it no probs. I got them to come out to my house and they even waived call out fee! If you have the upc they just send you out box in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Got that €80 thing too (I'm paying that as it stands). I'll ring tomorrow - cancel the new transaction and see if I can get the €25 offer.

I'm an existing customer, I assume my contract needs to be expired to avail of one of these deals? Holy crap I am getting ripped off, paying 50 just for internet and phone (which I don't ever use).

• Advertisement

I'm an existing customer, I assume my contract needs to be expired to avail of one of these deals? Holy crap I am getting ripped off, paying 50 just for internet and phone (which I don't ever use).

If you read the thread some people got it even though they were still in contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Millem wrote: »
    If you read the thread some people got it even though they were still in contract.

Guys what option are you selecting on their telephone system ?

Just rang them , selected the update to horizon option on their telephone system , ended up with someone who said that there is no way existing customers can get that , Informed him that my contract ended like 3 months ago and i can cancel and my wife can subscribe next day , they said thats fine , but couldn't do it for me , not pleasant and not very professional .

Will call them later again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Currently on the phone with them (loyalty dept.). Got them to give me 6 months 1/2 price (back to 80 for the last 6) and a new 12 month contract. Not for existing customers (unless your equipment is outdated and in need of an upgrade).
    So even if you do have TV/Phone/Broadband you can get something out of them. You should be able to get a better deal if your box is outdated as in the case of the OP. Or you're adding a new service.

Guys what option are you selecting on their telephone system ?

Just rang them , selected the update to horizon option on their telephone system , ended up with someone who said that there is no way existing customers can get that , Informed him that my contract ended like 3 months ago and i can cancel and my wife can subscribe next day , they said thats fine , but couldn't do it for me , not pleasant and not very professional .

Will call them later again

I rang their loyalty department and they said they had to put me through to another department who only started work at 11am so they rang me back :)
    If your wife is a new customer she will be on an 18 month contract...€25 for 12 months and €80 for 6 months

Advertisement