Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE MalwareBytes 12 month license

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

If you choose the "I purchased my key" option then you will get a free lifetime license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I have malwarebytes Anti-Malware home (free) version

I can't see the 'locating your license key' anywhere

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I don't understand what to do here. You download the trial program and it asks you to sign in with your ID and license key. From what I can tell you only get an ID when you purchase a license key.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I don't understand the lure of this offer, they are changing a lifetime key, albeit pirated with a genuine 12 month key.

So unless someone had a change of heart in regards to piracy and wanted to "redeeme" themselves they'd be silly to take up this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there was keys going Reddit there a while ago so this could be a response to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

There was a thread a few weeks back showing how to get a premium version key for €0.50c on G2A.com which I followed and got my key. My Malwarebytes program upgraded itself yesterday and the new version gave me this warning about the key and ID I bought not being legit so it sorted me out with a new key. Best part is the new key is for a lifetime subscription but the key I bought was only supposed to be for 12 months. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm not getting the radio buttons allowing me to pick an option.
    Does it only work if it detects the software installed?
    Any ideas ?

you need to have used a pirated key in order to get the option so a basic free version will stay the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Skerries wrote: »
    you need to have used a pirated key in order to get the option so a basic free version will stay the same

Does anyone want to PM me a code ?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Me too pls😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

I'd take one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So this is a ploy to get info on all the hacked keys out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

So this is a ploy to get info on all the hacked keys out there?

a quite machiavellian ploy at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Secure yourself a pirated copy. When the pop-up arrives, say you purchased your key and voila - lifetime license. Very nice of them.
    Hopefully Microsoft will do the same with my OS and if Adobe could follow suit with Photoshop, I'll be very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Reminding me of the old saying you don't get something for nothing theres always a price to pay,...will come at some stage down the road I would presume in one way or another when non legit practices are a factor......

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

worked for me:
    Dcb1MNN.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nice must try and remember to do this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Scarily easy! First result in google provided all the info I needed!

You stole it, have it free.
    Thanks.

My only explanation for this is to root out corporate users who bind themselves legally to a lie once they say "Yeah, sure, I bought this". Next step is a class action against a long list of US based firms that have trusted the nerds to look after licensing.

As for the rest of us imps, freebie of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

I downloaded the trial version and installed it but when I click on activate or buy premium it looks for the code. Can anyone help or advise me how to get the lifetime licence activated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

billyhead wrote: »
    I downloaded the trial version and installed it but when I click on activate or buy premium it looks for the code. Can anyone help or advise me how to get the lifetime licence activated?

You're doing it wrong, read the thread again.

billyhead wrote: »

To help cure you of your piracy, you'll have to become one first.

Oh look, ma....I've gone all Jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So what do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

he uses force, Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Who in their right mind pirates AV software? What could possibly go wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tietambrown

Been using it on various machines since college nearly 6 years ago, nothing wrong so far.

Advertisement