Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio controlled robot in argos

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

For that price you might as well just buy it and find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

For that price you might as well just buy it and find out

That's kinda what I was thinking :). We just have so much stuff I didn't want to get another thing of it was no good. It's just I'm an awful sucker for a bargain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

The set only has one robot. You would need to buy another one for it to be any use.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

bromley52 wrote: »
    The set only has one robot. You would need to buy another one for it to be any use.

It says two robots plus controllers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Hey OP.

Only has 3 reviews on Argos UK, but they're not great reviews to be fair.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Search/searchTerm/267%252F5749.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

8 x AA batteries (not included)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hey OP.

Only has 3 reviews on Argos UK, but they're not great reviews to be fair.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Search/searchTerm/267%252F5749.htm

Plus there's only 20% off on the UK site, with the starting price being £17.49.

Thanks all! I think Ye have talked me out of it? Haven't checked the uk site but that's a massive price difference if it was only £17 to start with! I wonder is the Irish site has made a mistake when it priced it over €100!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That was never €100 odd!

That was never €100 odd!

Yea look at my link up top. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I noticed yesterday that Argos' prices seemed to spaz out. The original prices for a lot of products went astronomical. You would think they would have spotted the glitch by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Thanks OP for this. My son's very into things like this, was watching a movie about battling robots a few days ago so I've reserved one anyway. 22euro is still a good price for 2 robots and the arena. Looked it up on youtube too and looks like fun for kids (and dads I'd say!). Thanks again.

venusdoom wrote: »
    Thanks OP for this. My son's very into things like this, was watching a movie about battling robots a few days ago so I've reserved one anyway. 22euro is still a good price for 2 robots and the arena. Looked it up on youtube too and looks like fun for kids (and dads I'd say!). Thanks again.

Glad I was able to help someone :). Let us know if it's any good :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Yea look at my link up top. Lol

Yeah, that says was €111, and I'm saying that's bullsh!t...?

Yea on uk site it's saying it was only £17 ish. Just checked Amazon there and it's coming in on sale from $70 down to $20.

I think the previous poster who suggested Argos prices are spazzing out a bit might be correct. The Mickey mouse cosy coupe is another example me thinks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Yea on uk site it's saying it was only £17 ish. Just checked Amazon there and it's coming in on sale from $70 down to $20.

I think the previous poster who suggested Argos prices are spazzing out a bit might be correct. The Mickey mouse cosy coupe is another example me thinks...

The little tykes stuff was always mad money,that origonal price is more than likely correct

NATLOR wrote: »
    The little tykes stuff was always mad money,that origonal price is more than likely correct

O I know.... But it was reduced to €17 which wasn't correct :). I managed to nab one. Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

20 minutes play time before you have to recharge all over again?

Yeeesh, could be in the attic within a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Just an update: Got these yest afternoon for the kids (6&8 yr old boys) and they think they're awesome. Still playing with them now. It's the samurai set so you have to swing the remote as if you have a sword to fight. It's noisy but kids are really enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

venusdoom wrote: »
    Just an update: Got these yest afternoon for the kids (6&8 yr old boys) and they think they're awesome. Still playing with them now. It's the samurai set so you have to swing the remote as if you have a sword to fight. It's noisy but kids are really enjoying it.

How much play time are they getting on a charge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

"Klaatu barada nikto" just in case Handset fails !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

on the argos uk site it says
    Was £17.49
    £13.99
    SAVE 20%

but on other sites it is a lot more expensive.

Looks like the price might go up in ireland tomorrow.
    Current selling price valid until 30/06/2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

If you look at the link I posted it is currently £60 for the same set in toyrus.

Advertisement