Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with CISA electronic lock.

Options
  • 19-11-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with these locks please? I have attached a pic.

It just stopped working and even the key won't move the internal mechanism. It can be opened from the inside via handle but not from the outside.

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Anyone familiar with these locks please? I have attached a pic.

It just stopped working and even the key won't move the internal mechanism. It can be opened from the inside via handle but not from the outside.

Any ideas? Thanks

OK firstly I will tell you I know Cisa locks, well at least I did until I saw the model you have. The one I am familiar with is used for electronic control of external gates and the like.Have you tried turning the key while the door is in the open position?
    What about a drop of oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi, thanks.

Yeah, I googled it and found nothing. This is a different type of lock. The door is 3 inches thick and that switch controls about 8 dead bolts that are inside the door. It must control a motor.

It's funny the key doesn't override the electronic system. May need to inquire on who fitted it.

Advertisement