Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opel Astra Engine Light

Options
  • 12-03-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,
    Dont know if ye can help me out here , I have 05 Astra thats only 2 months old , firstly the belt buckle on the passenger side is broken , the washer jet in the back washer isnt working and neither is the cigarette light.. I know these are only materialistic problems.

But a firend of mine who is driving a 06 astra had the engine light come on and ended up with him needing a new engine , I have posted a picture of the light that has come on and its the same light that came on in my friends astra.
    Im now afraid that mine might have the same outcome any advice would be appreciated or an explanation what might be wrong.

Regards
    RVN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

RVN10 wrote: »
    I have 05 Astra thats only 2 months old

How does that work ?

Anyway, best bet is to have it hooked up to diagnostics, could be something very simple. I have one that's on more often than not and it's just an dodgy O2 sensor that makes no difference to how the car runs, the worse that was going to happen was that it would fail the NCT on emissions but it passed so I have no need to replace it.

I know you mean you only have the car 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

A check engine light could mean any number of faults with
    your cars engine, yellow is a caution and red being bad.
    Best to bring it to a mechanic or a friend who is mechanically minded.
    Fault code reader would help too.
    How is the car for fluids and how does it drive, is it running rough
    or drinking petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Correction its only 2 months from me buying from the dealer i should have been more specific sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Did you get any warranty from the dealer when buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Ya i got a 3 month warranty that is up in April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

RVN10 wrote: »
    Ya i got a 3 month warranty that is up in April

bring it back and get it checked....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Go back to the garage where you bought the car and insist on the car being fixed under warranty. You have 3 months warranty.

Advertisement