Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

irish license in the uk? points???

Options
  • 03-12-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi folks, i recently moved to the UK for work and as part of the job i was required to change my licence to a UK one in order to get a HGV licence. So i got the licence anyway but a few weeks later i got 3 points on it.
    My question is, if i change my UK license back to an Irish one, is it possible for the UK police to put points on my Irish license? I know for a fact that the three points I've "earned" wont carry onto the Irish license if i change.
    The whole reason for doing this would be to have a clean sheet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

ruxpin82 wrote: »
    I know for a fact that the three points I've "earned" wont carry onto the Irish license if i change.

if you know for a fact have you not answered your own question there?

The points will not be applied to your Irish licence as it not possible. If your question was could you get UK points with an Irish my answer would be no. However I don't know what will happen in your situation as the fact you have had a UK licence they(police) may still hold them against your name.

As regards insurance Id be inclined to think it would be ok to say you have no points on your Irish (currently valid) licence as technically you dont.

Advertisement