Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing toilet.

Options
  • 09-02-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I have taken out an old low level toilet bowl/cistern and I now need to fit a new toilet. Do I have to fit another low level system or can I change to a different style using the old pipes...( water supply/waste).
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

that depends how far out from the wall is the 4'' waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭cosmowillie53

The set up is like this:
    The toilet is in the corner of the room. The cistern sits on one wall with the water supply and the waste is on the other wall (right angle) . The waste pipe extends about 7 or 8 inches from the wall. I haven't access to it at the moment so its approx.

Im having diificulty visualising it could you post a picture? Is the waste pipe run on surface and boxed in?

Unfortunately I don't have a picture. The waste pipe goes straight out a ground floor wall. The pipe is probably about 5 or 6 inches above the floor.

Ok so can you tell me. Is the bathroom upstairs or down stairs? What type of floor timber or concrete? what is the distance from the wall to the centre of the 4''waste? Does the pipe come up through the floor or does it go out through the wall? Is the 4'' pipe boxed in or is it under the floor?

• Advertisement

Bathroom is downstairs. Timber floor.. Distance is approx. 4". The waste pipe goes straight out the 9" block wall over the floor.

dpofloinn wrote: »

Its like number one . The only difference is that the toilet bowl is at right angle to the pipe.

I think I understand your issue now and I think you are stuck with a low level toilet unless you are prepared to build a box behind the toilet to make up the 4" difference then you could put in a closed couple toilet the alternative would be to move the 4"

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

I'm kind of jumping on the bandwagon here, but I have a similar problem and would really appreciate some advice. The waste is situated too close to some boxed in pipes for a close coupled toilet and I have had to have the type with a curved pipe connecting the cistern to the toilet - looks awful. If I could only figure out how to send a photo I would.

• Advertisement
Advertisement